Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Antiparadox
Antiparadox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
How to crack a .pkg update file for DPT-R/CP1?

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and I want to spend some time find a way to jailbreak Sony DPT-RP1/CP1

If I have any luck doing this, all hack files will be posted publicly on GitHub, and I will also manage to provide a free tutorial video for hacking this device.
Rightnow I managed to crack the PC software Digital Paper App, so that I can request an update info and load any firmware onto this device.
However, I do not have any luck cracking the update package, it is a .pkg file, supposedly this will be the same format as Sony Playstation update files.

Here is a link to my public repo on git: (this is a very primitive version, and I will spend sometime developing a hacked software so that you can upload the firmware with less effort)

https://github.com/Antiparadox/Sony-Digital-Paper-Hack
If you are interested and willingly to help, please join me so that we can all contribute to make this device better.

I am a college student doing CS, and I am not doing this for profits, so this will not be a commercial act.

However, I cannot fully devote myself into this little project, so please be patient and stay tuned for any updates.

If you feel like you want to discuss or aid this project, feel free to contact me via qwerty@berkeley.edu I will be very pleased.
Antiparadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:27 AM   #2
Kule
Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!Kule My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony DPT-RP1
I can only support your initiative, it would be great to finally have Android support on the device
Kule is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Other than reading the pkg, another option is to generate a valid pkg file. Can you upload any package? Then we could try to get the file tree in a jailbroken digital reader.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:32 PM   #4
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
There is some light on rooting DPT-RP1 on XDA-developers:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...4#post77810964
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:27 AM   #5
silvertriclops
silvertriclops began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Sony DPT-RP1
That XDA thread now has a root guide!
silvertriclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert