Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 07:49 AM   #1
Enor
Enthusiast
Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Would this be possible on a jailbroken PW?

I know it is possible in KOReader, and it has been amazing for me, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a system-wide night mode (inverted colors), so I could use my purchased books from Amazon.

I've converted a few to use with KOReader, but I'm running into several books that are unable to be converted due to DRM. So, I'm kind of out of luck with that.

I don't know a thing about programming, but I'm just wondering how much would have to go into it to get this night-mode feature.

I'm not terribly concerned about ghosting, etc. I can't see well enough for that to matter, but I have found the KOReader's inverted color scheme to be absolutely remarkable and just think it would be so awesome to have this system-wide.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this!
Enor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kindle+dedrm
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes, get yourself over to Apprentice Alf's Blog and free your books from DRM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
Enor
Enthusiast
Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

That's really weird. I have been using this for a while now (on and off) and have the latest version, but it doesn't seem to work with some of my books.

Either way, I'm still really hoping for a system-wide solution on the night mode thing, though.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #5
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Have you got your kindle serial correctly entered into the plugin etc?
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What is the book format that does not work? *.kfx?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Have you got your kindle serial correctly entered into the plugin etc?
Please remember that while linking to websites about DRM removal tools is allowed, detailed instructions are not. Members should get help from the place they got the tools.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:42 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enor View Post
Either way, I'm still really hoping for a system-wide solution on the night mode thing, though.
In theory, everything is possible.

But a systemwide night mode setting would require modifying the system framework. Which implies getting a job at Amazon so you can get access to the deobfuscated Java source (although it is again theoretically possible to do without that. Ixtab spent a lot of time fighting Amazon's obfuscated Java, cf. JBPatch).

Also, getting paid for the no-doubt nontrivial job of implementing such a thing would be nice too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm...
An xor instruction in the right code path of the frame buffer driver should do the trick.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:21 AM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Adapting the ld-preload trick used on Kobos should be relatively painless for someone interested... Plus, we *should* be able to use the HW flag without weird bugs like on Kobos.

The only hiccup is that Amazon *already* has a system wide ld-preload set...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Adapting the ld-preload trick used on Kobos should be relatively painless for someone interested... Plus, we *should* be able to use the HW flag without weird bugs like on Kobos.

The only hiccup is that Amazon *already* has a system wide ld-preload set...
It can be a list:
Quote:
LD_PRELOAD:
A whitespace-separated list of additional, user-specified, ELF shared libraries to be loaded before all others.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then it is fairly trivial, just have to adapt the code to the right mxcfb headers.

A good example of that would be KOReader.

I really, really don't like nightmode, so don't expect me to do anything more than point the way, though .
Old 02-21-2016, 03:18 PM   #13
Enor
Enthusiast

Wow, several reads through this thread leads me to believe that I'm way over my head. haha. Oh well, it was worth a try! Much appreciate the work that has been done and help that has been given by all of you guys/gals around here!
Old 02-21-2016, 03:27 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Then it is fairly trivial, just have to adapt the code to the right mxcfb headers.

A good example of that would be KOReader.

I really, really don't like nightmode, so don't expect me to do anything more than point the way, though .
Ah, so -
That KOReader link has an 'invert flag' on the "todo" list.

I guess that is as close as one can get without having the code already written.
Old 02-21-2016, 04:01 PM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Inded it is .