Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-10-2015, 01:45 PM   #121
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Countdown to link removal in 3, 2, 1...
It's perfectly OK to post such links.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #122
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's perfectly OK to post such links.
It is? Nice to hear.

Apologies to everyone for the faulty archive. I've just replaced it with the full archive including the Windows and Macintosh applications, the new obok plugin and the "Other_Tools" folder.

I have tried to get in touch with Alf, but I haven't succeeded yet. But this release should fix several problems I've seen mentioned in the comments at Alf's blog. Paul and Laura seem to be tireless in answering them, but it's silly to have them answer the same questions over and over again when an update to the tools should fix the underlying problems.

I am mindful of the MobileRead restrictions on detailed discussion of DRM Removal tools, so I won't be responding to questions about the tools themselves here - please ask at Alf's blog.

Last edited by apprenticeharper; 03-10-2015 at 02:06 PM.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Countdown to link removal in 3, 2, 1...
Nope. New rules say we can link to something that then links to the tools. That is exactly what I did. I linked to the post that has the link to the tools.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #124
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The 6.2.0 "release" appears to be the plugin source and the plugin zip only. Nothing else is included. There's at least one file there that appears to not belong to the plugin, but it doesn't look particularly harmful. Just maybe a little careless?

Not sure what to think, really.

EDIT: seems you have to download from the Source Code link to get the full tools package.

Little odd that nothing is mentioned on Alf's site other than in the comments section, but it could be legit, I guess.
The last post now says that it's been corrected to include everything in 6.2.0. I agree it is odd that these are posted by apprenticeharper and not by Apprentice Alf. I'm sticking with 6.1.0.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #125
apprenticeharper
Apprentices Against DRM
apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apprenticeharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Laptop
Quote:
Hmmm. Github seems a little ... bold? Hope everything works out OK there.
Some other people have put (single versions of) tools up at github. If the archive gets removed, it's no great loss - I'll still have my local copy.
apprenticeharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #126
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Thanks, Apprentice Harper! This sounds wonderful. The recent wave of people getting switched to B&N's new anti-social DRM has been a bit overwhelming.

(If you also made it possible to de-DRM PagePerfect Nookbooks/PDFs, you'd really be my hero! )
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #127
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Hope this addresses my problems with B&N.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:55 PM   #128
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
Quote:
Hmmm. Github seems a little ... bold? Hope everything works out OK there.
Comixology-backup (a DRM removal plugin for Chrome for Comixology purchases) is hosted at Github as well. It's been up for almost a year now. That makes me think the tools will probably stay up unless reported.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:44 AM   #129
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's looking good to me, although I'm still working through differences from the previous version.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #130
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's looking good to me, although I'm still working through differences from the previous version.
I've installed 6.2.0 and if I have any problems with it, I can always go back to 6.1.0.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:36 PM   #131
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Does the Mac app work for anybody? I did a Subversion checkout of the repository, then:

$ open ./DeDRM.app
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Users/MY_USERNAME/booktools/DeDRM_tools/trunk/DeDRM_Macintosh_Application/DeDRM.app.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #132
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works fine for me, but that's opening it in the Finder. You'll probably also need to change your security permissions or control-open it the first time, since it's an unsigned third-party app.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #133
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I haven't looked at the obok plugin or the Other Tools folder, but I now have done a per-file and pe-change compare of the three main DeDRM solutions. 6.2.0 looks like minor (but useful) tweaks to 6.1.0. The biggest new thing seems to be an ignoblekey.py script that retrives the B&N key from log files, and the changes to the tools to automatically call it when necessary.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:52 AM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I haven't looked at the obok plugin or the Other Tools folder, but I now have done a per-file and pe-change compare of the three main DeDRM solutions. 6.2.0 looks like minor (but useful) tweaks to 6.1.0. The biggest new thing seems to be an ignoblekey.py script that retrives the B&N key from log files, and the changes to the tools to automatically call it when necessary.
My guess is that the other tools and obok are unchanged and it's only the Calibre plugin that's been updated.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 AM   #135
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My guess is that the other tools and obok are unchanged and it's only the Calibre plugin that's been updated.
As far as I remember, this is the first time the Obok plugin has been included. And it shows as version 3.1.2. The version I had was 3.1.1. I don't know what the differences.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote