Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #766
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Link above is dead? As is the link for Kobo CoolReader on your home page?
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #767
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Please try the new test build:

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/test/

MENU/Settings/Launcher settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Link above is dead? As is the link for Kobo CoolReader on your home page?
The link from message #759 quoted above worked for me and shows a 2017.11.14 version of the file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #768
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. When I tried it three days ago it showed 2017.11.09! But you're absolutely right now. I'll give it a shot.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #769
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
I've added the links to stable builds and test builds into the first post.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #770
rogerinnyc
Addict

Some basic Coolreader newbie questions -- I've got it installed and mostly customized on my Kobo Aura One, running 4.6.9995, but...

1. I can't get my StarDict dictionaries to work -- installed extracted .ifo, .idx and dict.dz in vlasovsloft/dictionaries folder -- and get an apologetic "nothing similar to [word], sorry ". I then replaced the sdvc file with the one found over on the KOReader forums (what the heck!) and was able to access the dictionary entry, but it was full of http tags. Any thoughts? Any recommended dictionary links?

2. I'm wondering if there is any way to keep searching for my text string after the first instance of it is found. For example, I'm searching for a character's name, and find it, but then cannot figure out how to find the next instance of it short of going back to the text search box and searching again. Is that needed, or am I missing something simple?

Sergeyvl12, thank you for all you hard work on CoolReader. Love the configurable tap zones!

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 11-14-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:18 AM   #771
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Some basic Coolreader newbie questions -- I've got it installed and mostly customized on my Kobo Aura One, running 4.6.9995, but...

1. I can't get my StarDict dictionaries to work -- installed extracted .ifo, .idx and dict.dz in vlasovsloft/dictionaries folder -- and get an apologetic "nothing similar to [word], sorry ". I then replaced the sdvc file with the one found over on the KOReader forums (what the heck!) and was able to access the dictionary entry, but it was full of http tags. Any thoughts? Any recommended dictionary links?

2. I'm wondering if there is any way to keep searching for my text string after the first instance of it is found. For example, I'm searching for a character's name, and find it, but then cannot figure out how to find the next instance of it short of going back to the text search box and searching again. Is that needed, or am I missing something simple?

Sergeyvl12, thank you for all you hard work on CoolReader. Love the configurable tap zones!
1. Now I'm trying to compile Golden Dict.
2. Yes, "short of going back to the text search box and searching again"

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 11-15-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #772
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just an aside. RMSDK (ADE) is a better ePub reader than Coolreader.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #773
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just an aside. RMSDK (ADE) is a better ePub reader than Coolreader.
Totally off-topic in this thread. Please, if you don't like coolreader don't post anything here
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:48 AM   #774
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Sources at bitbucket.org

Hi!

Now all my open source applications are at bitbucket.org!

1. Open source applications, drivers, scripts, etc

2. My fork of Cool Reader engine

The sources are always UP TO DATE because I work directly with these repositories.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:21 AM   #775
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Good to know, thanks! I recently created this automated mirror of your SourceForge repo because that site is often unresponsive for me (even just for cloning). Were there issues importing the repo with full history?

Btw, you might be interested in cherry-picking most or all of the fixes that are in the KOReader fork: https://github.com/koreader/crengine/commits/master

Also, please take a look at this issue https://github.com/koreader/crengine/issues/22
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:31 AM   #776
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Were there issues importing the repo with full history?
Yes, I had to split my sources to "open source" and "closed source". That's why no history.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #777
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Comfort light support

Comfort light support for Aura One and Aura H2O2 is added to version 2018.03.23.

Please try.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kc6ps22yi...NHWNkt9La?dl=0
Old 01-18-2019, 03:37 AM   #778
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Clara HD

My Globo HD died... I'm planning getting the Clara HD. Is comfort light working in last cool reader version with this new kobo model? Thanks!
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:51 AM   #779
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblasi View Post
My Globo HD died... I'm planning getting the Clara HD. Is comfort light working in last cool reader version with this new kobo model? Thanks!
In the latest version I implemented the comfort light exactly the same as in koreader. But I still have no reports about Clara HD. I think if it works in koreader it should work in CR either.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:38 AM   #780
pblasi
Enthusiast
pblasi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
In the latest version I implemented the comfort light exactly the same as in koreader. But I still have no reports about Clara HD. I think if it works in koreader it should work in CR either.
Well I got the Clara HD and comfort light is working great! Thanks!

However there's a minor issue about the frontlight level: when it's set to the minimum (1%) this level is still too high compared to the same minimum level set in nickel. You can notice when using the frontlight in a complete dark room (that is in bed with my wife trying to sleep and telling me the light is annoying...). I didn't have this problem with the Glo HD, the minimum light level in coolreader was as low as in nickel.

Please, is it possible to remap the frontlight levels in coolreader so the minimum level matches the real minimum level of the Clara HD?

(Maybe can I try changing some values in some file...?)

Thank you very much!

Pau
pblasi is offline   Reply With Quote