Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
pimseb
pimseb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre won't launch in linux mint 15

Hello,

I'm trying to use calibre on my linux computer with no success. I'm now under linux mint 15, cinnamon edition.
I followed the instalation steps on this page http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux . The script works ok and calibre installs itself (in the default path).
But when I'm trying to launch it by typing calibre, nothing happens.
I also can't use the verbose option, nothing is shown.
I tried to install it via a PPA repository, but it ends with the same : installation works but program won't launch.
I was before under linux mint 14 and calibre ran just fine
Thanks for your help
pimseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If nothing happens, then calibre is probably running somewhere on your machine, look in the system tray or the taskbar or on another desktop/monitor.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert