Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-30-2023, 10:38 AM   #1
vigrom
Enthusiast
vigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino epos 3, iMac 2021/24"/M1, iMac 2011/El Capitan
Question Wanted to install KOReader: no Tolino/Kindle volume in Finder (iMac, M1)

Hello All!

I am terribly sorry if it’s not the right forum for my question… Also, if an existing thread already answers the question, I would be very grateful for a link to it.

My problem: Calibre recognizes my Tolino epos 3 (= Kobo sage) and also Kindle Oasis (I’ve side-loaded 100’s of books onto both) while Finder does not - same cable, same port on the hub.
Tried five different cables (including e-readers’ native ones) - same story: Calibre yes, Finder no.
I also tried to connect to different ports on the hub (actually two hubs - CalDigit and no-name USB hub) and also connecting directly to different ports on the computer - no luck with Finder…
Safe mode, restarted both, started the computer with/without the e-readers attached, etc., etc. - all in vain. Repeated the same procedures on an old iMac - no volume shows up in Finder of either of the e-readers.

Actually all I wanted was to install KOReader but without seeing the Tolino/Kindle as a volume in Finder it seems to be impossible. Or is it?

Can anyone please help?

Thank you very much!

iMac 2021, 24”, M1 chip, Ventura 13.4.1 and iMac 2011, 21.5”, El Capitan 10.11.6
vigrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 05:10 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigrom View Post
Actually all I wanted was to install KOReader but without seeing the Tolino/Kindle as a volume in Finder it seems to be impossible. Or is it?
They're totally unrelated, as far as KO installation goes.

See android install instructions and kindle install instructions

But, yeah macos does not support MTP, so android devices are not recognized. Calibre implements its own stack (probably libmtp, I didn't check)

e-ink kindles should be shown like any other usb stick/disk.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:33 AM   #3
vigrom
Enthusiast
vigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't littervigrom doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino epos 3, iMac 2021/24"/M1, iMac 2011/El Capitan
Thank you very much, pazos, for your reply!
vigrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finder, kindle, koreader, mac, tolino