Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #16
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Do you really think there's been a malicious link posted to this thread the whole time and no one has said anything?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Radnor
Radnor doesn't litterRadnor doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please post the real link instead of some redirecting link that hides the original link? I will not click these redirecting links as I have no idea where it's going and sometimes they don't work.
Bit.ly is great for aggregating traffic information. Add a + to the end of the link if you're paranoid.
Radnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
nicolasqueen
Full Fledged Newbie
nicolasqueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook Mars
Interested but a little scared! Anyone tried this yet?
nicolasqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasqueen View Post
Interested but a little scared! Anyone tried this yet?

I have, with mixed results. Some items I am able to view as they were originally formatted in pdf. Some not.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
mpfaraujo
mpfaraujo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I successfuly installed savory .. it shows in version note .. but nothing happened .. i added a pdf file into my document fold and its just like if its no there .. any help?
mpfaraujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #21
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

I've found that Savory takes its time to get started on a new pdf that is added. It seems like it has to go into standby mode first, but I can't swear that is correct. Once conversion starts it will take a few minutes, but from what I've seen Savory does work pretty well.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #22
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I've used the 0.06 unsupported version of savory, and it works just fine for me. My Kindle software version is 2.0.2. I have read a couple of comment posts that 2.0.3 breaks savory. I'm personally interested in finding out if it does work in 2.0.3.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #23
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Noobie question, but how are youall running apps on the Kindle? Accessing the app from a mounted Kindle thru your USB-connected computer? Or is there a way to access executables that are outside of the default documents directory on the K2 which displays the K2's contents?

thx!

DonW
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
Danariel
Enthusiast
Danariel is on a distinguished road

Savory is, as far as I know, the ONLY Kindle app. It has to be installed on your Kindle. Read about it here.
Danariel is offline   Reply With Quote