Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #136
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
240 is too much for my budget right now unfortunately. It used to be much cheaper in certain China shops some months ago but they're all out of stock. The Yotaphone 3 is supposed to be released later this year.
Yes it is expensive. I wish i could find it at most 100 euros. Anyone knows where we can find this price or anyone sells a used one?
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:01 AM   #137
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Can someone tell me what dictionaries are available in yotaphone?
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #138
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question for everybody : If I were to purchase the Yotaphone 2 206, could it be flashed without any bad side effects ? Would that make sense ? From what I've read a lot of people have software or performance issues right after flashing and updating to 5.0

Last edited by tracey1; 07-22-2017 at 10:46 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:38 PM   #139
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also

1.Can you chat on facebook on Android 4.4. and whatsapp

2. Are there any qualitative differences as far s performance etc between a flashed 206 version with Android 5 and a 201 version that already comes with 5.0 ?

Last edited by tracey1; 07-22-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:31 AM   #140
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Can someone tell me what dictionaries are available in yotaphone?
All the ones you could have on Android, is Android.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2017, 02:33 AM   #141
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Question for everybody : If I were to purchase the Yotaphone 2 206, could it be flashed without any bad side effects ? Would that make sense ? From what I've read a lot of people have software or performance issues right after flashing and updating to 5.0
I did not updated mine, is a phone really old, that is why you do not have optimal battery performance, anyway if you use the eink and aereoplane mode lasts a lot
Old 07-28-2017, 02:36 AM   #142
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Also

1.Can you chat on facebook on Android 4.4. and whatsapp

2. Are there any qualitative differences as far s performance etc between a flashed 206 version with Android 5 and a 201 version that already comes with 5.0 ?
i do not have fb, whatsapp works really well.

if you look for performance should not consider YP2. I guess is a phone 4 years old.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:39 AM   #143
trocchietto
Addict

Consideration about the price:
I bought the second one for 150 eu, now costs more. This means that the idea of double eink lcd is really good, as we said several time pity that a major player acquired the license, and in EU US we cannot have a decent double eink lcd screen.
I just imagine how could sell a 6 inches tablet lcs double eink, basically an ereader as we are used with an lcd screen as well!!!

Last edited by trocchietto; 07-28-2017 at 02:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #144
tracey1
Addict

I got me one but is there a way to extend Yotamirror sleep above 30 minutes or even deactivate it ?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #145
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Question for everybody : If I were to purchase the Yotaphone 2 206, could it be flashed without any bad side effects ?
Yes.
Quote:
From what I've read a lot of people have software or performance issues right after flashing and updating to 5.0
People have problems after flashing to 6.0
Yotaphone comes with Android 4.4
There is official firmware flash package for 5.0 and the results are positive.
There is also flash package for 6.0 for Russian version of Yotaphone. This might be problematic, especially if you flash Chinese version of phone.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #146
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I recently got the 6.0.1 version (OTA).

I noticed two things.

One. I constantly get a notification that I need to check if there are updates. This gets annoying. Even my Windows 10 Mobile doesn't get daily updates (and I've had more updates on that phone than I've ever had on all my android devices combined...)

Two. If I use that Yota Mirror and use the e-ink part of the phone, the phone drains within half a daywhile I normally have about 60% left when I go home.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #147
trocchietto
Addict

well yotaphone 3 is ready with a 5.2 inch screen instead of the 4.3 of yp2, and next wednesday will be launched the samsung note, that could in theory have an eink cover considering that last autumn samsung bought a licence for eink cover. Will see, within 3 years i am confident we ereaders will be satisfied with tablets
Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 AM   #148
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Will see, within 3 years i am confident we ereaders will be satisfied with tablets
Doubt that. I doubt we'll ever see a small tablet, with a 4:3 resoluation, that has an e-ink screen. It's already almost impossible to buy an 8" tablet, with a 4:3 resoluation, let alone an 8" tablet with 4:3 resolution that also has an e-ink screen.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #149
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Doubt that. I doubt we'll ever see a small tablet, with a 4:3 resoluation, that has an e-ink screen. It's already almost impossible to buy an 8" tablet, with a 4:3 resoluation, let alone an 8" tablet with 4:3 resolution that also has an e-ink screen.
Personally, I'd prefer an eInk screen with a 9:16 or 10:16 ratio.

And I'm not wedded to E-Ink. If a better, very low power, reflective display technology came along, I'd happily switch, if it offered more (e.g. better speed or resolution or colour).

I'm still hoping for a Liquavista screen on a Kindle from Amazon that has better contrast that bare E-Ink, but with colour and video capability.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #150
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Personally, I'd prefer an eInk screen with a 9:16 or 10:16 ratio.

And I'm not wedded to E-Ink. If a better, very low power, reflective display technology came along, I'd happily switch, if it offered more (e.g. better speed or resolution or colour).

I'm still hoping for a Liquavista screen on a Kindle from Amazon that has better contrast that bare E-Ink, but with colour and video capability.
Do you know when the next kindle will hit the market?
I think that yotaphone 3 has an huge potential. If will sell we are going to see soon tablet 8 inches double screen at least in China.

Personally for me is ideal, I love my eink reader but I get frustrated when I need to use moon+reader to browse between books( I read the Divine comedy or development books for instance and need to change continuously books) a YP3 would be fantastic, pity they do not have retro led, but in theory if the place is darker you can easily read on the lcd screen. Although not ideal for the night, the bigger screen looks as a perfect solution to me.
Regarding Liquavista, I remember there is also clearink that possibily is a better technology, although could hit ereaders in 5 years.

I feel really wronged by the fact the technology is there, I only ask for a kind of yotaphone lcd eink tablet 8 inches. Even not with clearInks but at least eink Instead the world of dumb is waiting for the samsung and nokia flexible oled.
How can human beings being so satisfied with reflective screens?