Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-07-2016, 05:32 AM   #1
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Question Delete issue - Calibre and Tolino Vision 3

I am not sure how many Tolino users are out there who may be able to answer this query, but here goes:

I recently changed my plugboard settings for Calibre to Tolino so that my Tag data came before the Title name (there being no Calibre collections maintenance for the Tolino). I deleted all the books I had added to my Tolino, ejected it (to check the Tolino was saying I had no books installed) then reconnected and sent my "To Read" books across. However, upon ejecting I noticed that the indexing was very fast and when I then reviewed the books in the Tolino library I noticed that only those books which had not previously been on the Tolino (i.e. new purchases) honoured the new plugboard setting. All my other books were on the Tolino but showed with no Tag before the title (i.e. how they had previously been stored).

I tried the whole procedure again, but restarting the Tolino between deletion and resending. No change in the result.

It seemed that deleting a book from the Tolino using Calibre was not deleting some manifest file somewhere on the Tolino - so the Tolino simply recognised the book and used the original sync Title.

(I tried reverting to firmware 1.80 - thinking maybe the recent update to 1.82 was the culprit, but this made no difference).

My drastic solution was to reset the Tolino to factory settings (thus wiping all data) and then resyncing. The Tolino saw all the books as new and followed the new plugboard settings for Title.

Anyone got any ideas, similar experiences, solutions to this "partial" deletion issue?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
In partial answer to my own posting; the best workaround method appears to be to delete books on the device itself, rather than using Calibre.

(Oh, and I discovered today that firmware 1.8.2 now allows one to populate Collections from Calibre - using the configuration of the device driver in Calibre).
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert