Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:23 AM   #1
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook and Kindle4PC
Amazon's Kindle Book page is showing I received a credit from publisher settlement..

I went to check out today's daily Kindle books for sale and was presented with "You have a new credit to spend", meaning a refund from the settlement with the big 5 publishers. Has anyone else seen this? Woo Hoo! I'm off to go through my wish list!

Only problem I see in the terms, the credit is showing good through March 31 2014, unused credits are subject to expiration. Boooo.

Now, I wonder if or when the other stores will be following? Hopefully soon!

Last edited by pdarnold; 03-25-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Credits can be checked at this page...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1002402851

According to the page emails will be sent out sometime today (3/25).

Quote:
E-Books Settlement Credit Terms and Conditions
1. To be eligible for a credit through Amazon, you must have had a U.S. billing address and must have purchased a Kindle book published by Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin or Macmillan (including their divisions) between April 1, 2010 and May 21, 2012.

2. Amazon will apply the credit automatically to your account. Credits will be automatically applied toward the purchase of any Kindle book or a print book sold by Amazon.com. Credits will not be applied to purchases of print books from third parties.

3. Credits will apply only to the cost of Kindle books or physical books sold by Amazon.com. They will not apply to other costs, like taxes, shipping, or gift wrapping. You cannot use your credit for any purchases other than Kindle books or physical books.

4. Customers will be responsible for the balance of any orders that credits do not cover. Amazon will use the payment instruments on file in your account to satisfy these balances.

5. Credits will be valid through 03/31/2015. Unused credits are subject to expiration.

6. Credit amounts are determined by the number of qualifying Kindle books purchased multiplied by an amount set by the Court. Amazon cannot vary the credit amount.

7. Credits cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
This should probably be in the news section instead of deals?
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
No such luck for me. Where on the page did it show? At the top? On a big banner?

Did you buy from one of the five publishers recently or in the past a book that wasn't in a promotion?

Enjoy your credit!

ETA: AnemicOak answered for me.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:34 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Ooh...what shall I spend my 0.73 on?

Now...I'll be interested to see the Sony and Fictionwise settlement amounts, since that's where I spent the most money right after Agency Pricing went into place.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:38 AM   #5
pdarnold
Connoisseur
pdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notespdarnold can name that song in three notes

Yes AnemicOak, you're probably right. I wasn't sure where to post. There have been previous posts here about the subject, so gave it a shot. Should the moderator choose, please move this to the appropriate location.
Advert
Old 03-25-2014, 03:42 AM   #6
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Someone remind me was Amazon the only one doing store credit?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Someone remind me was Amazon the only one doing store credit?

B&N is doing credits starting today (disbursement over the course of three days)...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/eboo...ent/379003739/

Kobo and Apple are doing credits too. Google and Sony are doing checks.

Info on various retailers here...
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/Reta...formation.aspx

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-25-2014 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Ooh...what shall I spend my 0.73 on?

Now...I'll be interested to see the Sony and Fictionwise settlement amounts, since that's where I spent the most money right after Agency Pricing went into place.
AFAIK there wouldn't be anything from FW purchases since they stopped selling all Agency publishers when Agency went into effect.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:28 AM   #9
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
B&N is doing credits starting today (disbursement over the course of three days)...
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/eboo...ent/379003739/

Kobo and Apple are doing credits too. Google and Sony are doing checks.

Info on various retailers here...
https://ebooksagsettlements.com/Reta...formation.aspx
Thanks That means I should get a B&N credit to go with my $2.16 from Amazon. Unfortunately most of my purchases were with sony at that time so I'll be missing out on that one.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 AM   #10
pdarnold
Connoisseur

Tax charged seperately.

One more note. I bought a book that was 99 cents and the credit did apply. However, tax was charged from my gift card balance. So, if you have received a nice sum to buy books keep in mind that tax will be charged from either a gift card balance or your credit card.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #11
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Woohoo! I have just under $19 in credit! Thanks for the link, I haven't gotten any sort of indication from Amazon yet.

EDIT: okay, I just received an email from Amazon, about 20 minutes after posting this, haha.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 03-25-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #12
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Got my Amazon ebook credit

I was surprised to open my email this morning and see a note from Amazon that they've credited my account with a whopping $3.65 as part of the settlement agreement. I wasn't even expecting that much so I'm not complaining

I had understood that it would be April before it would happen so it seems they are actually early. I live in the U.S. and it was a trifling amount so maybe that's why. Said it was automatically credit to my account to be used for kindle or print books.

Anyway, watch your emails

Bergette
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #13
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
I received my credit email this morning posted my news in the General Discussion area, which I guess was the wrong place

Guess it was the excitement of getting a whole $3.65 that clouded my thinking

Apologies to the moderator who has to move and/or delete it.

Bergette
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #14
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got mine too. A whole seventy three cents. I think I'll spend it all in one place...
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Woo-Hoo $10.95 credit here!
Closed Thread