Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #481
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Sure, I'll try and generate them.
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #482
lauras231279
lauras231279 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader / xoom
batch file asking to press any key to cont..

Hi

Please bear with me, I'm no expert at this kind of thing but I'm trying to get the batch file to run on Windows using the run.cmd so that I can automate it to make a new catalog regularly.

When I do, it asks me to "press may key to continue" at the cmd box and then doesn't seem to do anything. Surely I don't have to always be present to press a key to continue? I m sure I have done something wrong but don't know where.

Anyone able to help me?
lauras231279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #483
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Edit the batch file and remove the "pause" command, that should do it...
Old 11-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #484
FrozenTrout
FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.FrozenTrout is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: iPad, Kobo Aura 2, Kobo Libra H20
Any update on an OS X .app?
FrozenTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #485
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

It'll have to wait for the release of version 3.0
Old 12-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #486
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Is it possible in future updates to make External links editable?
If these two things will be added, it will be awesome:
1. Chekbox needed to choose which one/how much External links you would like to add.
2. External link name must be editable (f.e.: I would like to add links to Ozon.ru and Bookmix.ru, and remove Goodreads and Amazon - because they doesn't have any books in cylirilc)

And I have one qustion: is it possible some how to add annotation from the book to the OPDS catalog? I didn't found any solution for that
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #487
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
I think that right word for that is summary.
So I don't understand why I cant see my books summaries. I have been updated books metadata by converting them in Calibre into the same format (FB2) and EPUB too. And tried to use functon "Save to Disk", but nothing changed. There still no summary in the book page.

Here is a link to my OPDS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52602890/Lib...log/index.html

Last edited by frth; 12-09-2011 at 03:25 AM.
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #488
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
Edit the batch file and remove the "pause" command, that should do it...
Having the same problem (Win7 x64, latest beta). Install went fine - all the way through the green check mark. But then when I try to run the catalogue generation, a dos-box flashes open, then closes again, and nothing else happens. And I DID remove the pause from the run.cmd batch file - to no effect.

Even when I try to run it manually (javaw -jar 'OpdsOutput-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar' directly in a cmd-box and from within the calibre2opds folder), I get an error message "Unable to access jar-file" even though I _see_ that jar-file in that folder:
Spoiler:
12/17/2011 04:32 PM 4,700 .installationinformation
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 3,262 calibre2opds-icon-small_32.ico
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 145,136 calibre2opds-icon.png
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 38,366 calibre2opds-icon_192.png
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 7,447 calibre2opds-icon_64.png
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 3,262 calibre2opds-text-icon.ico
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 1,170 calibre2opds-text-icon_64.png
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 63,883 DataModel-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 153,115 jdom-1.1.jar
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 137,835 jtidy-4aug2000r7-dev.jar
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 232,354 junit-4.7.jar
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 35,147 licence.txt
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 358,085 log4j-1.2.12.jar
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 951,727 OpdsOutput-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
07/29/2011 12:35 PM 9,884 readme.txt
08/19/2011 07:22 PM 21,582 release.txt
12/17/2011 04:39 PM 1,234 run.cmd
07/29/2011 12:35 PM 1,245 run.cmd.bak
07/29/2011 12:35 PM 98 run.sh
07/29/2011 12:35 PM 1,251 rungui.cmd
07/29/2011 12:35 PM 95 rungui.sh
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 2,386,512 sqlite-jdbc-3.6.17.1.jar
08/19/2011 07:24 PM 27,277 Tools-2.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 3,262 uninstall-icon_32.ico
07/19/2011 06:34 PM 8,887 uninstall-icon_64.png
12/17/2011 04:32 PM <DIR> Uninstaller
25 File(s) 4,596,816 bytes

Do you have any other ideas? Thanks much!

-Stephan

Last edited by sdspieg; 12-17-2011 at 10:53 AM.
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #489
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The only thing that I can think of is a permissions problem. You might want to check that all users have the right to read and execute files from that folder.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #490
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Thannks itimpi. I now gave 'full control' over that folder to all users. But still no cigar. I should add that when I run the shortcuts in the Start menu, and then look in my task manager, I DO see a javaw.exe in there, except for the program never actually comes up... Is there any way to debug java?

And BTW - I also tried installing the 2.4 NON-beta, but I get the same problem there.

-Stephan

Last edited by sdspieg; 12-19-2011 at 07:43 AM.
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #491
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am not sure what to suggest - it sounds as if there might be an issue with the Java installation on your system. It could be worth checking the CLASSPATH environment variable on your system and (if it is present) make sure it starts with
Code:
.;
to ensure that the current directory is checked for Java classes. Also if there is a JAVA_HOME environment variable then make sure it points to where java has been installed.

Your best bet might be to use the "Java" command instead of "javaw" and do it from a DOS command box. That stops java being run in a separate process and leaves it reporting to the command window used to initiate it.. That way you have a better chance of seeing any error messages. It could also be worth checking in Event Viewer to see if there are any error messages being reported there.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #492
gsarasie
gsarasie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Same happens to me (no book summary info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frth View Post
I think that right word for that is summary.
So I don't understand why I cant see my books summaries. I have been updated books metadata by converting them in Calibre into the same format (FB2) and EPUB too. And tried to use functon "Save to Disk", but nothing changed. There still no summary in the book page.

Here is a link to my OPDS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52602890/Lib...log/index.html
After changing to the last version, I couldnt see any more the book summary in my library. I coudnt find any option to activate or disactivate that could be affecting it. I also send my url for if it helps.

Thanks in advance
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9306359/Bibl...log/index.html[/QUOTE]
gsarasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #493
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauras231279 View Post
Hi

Please bear with me, I'm no expert at this kind of thing but I'm trying to get the batch file to run on Windows using the run.cmd so that I can automate it to make a new catalog regularly.

When I do, it asks me to "press may key to continue" at the cmd box and then doesn't seem to do anything. Surely I don't have to always be present to press a key to continue? I m sure I have done something wrong but don't know where.

Anyone able to help me?
I'm just looking at this program as I'd like a nice interface for my missus to get books an mags on her kindle.

I too have this problem - the generate catalog batch file appears to do nothing - it jumps to the end of the file. Removing the pause just means the window (I'm using Vista her btw) just closes without waiting. The reason to run from command line is this - you want the generated html files to update after you've downloaded a daily news recipe - it needs to be automated for when you are away from home/your pc.

Also - if you put your calibre library in a dropbox folder - can the program generate just the catalog files and not duplicate the books themselves?

I did try having the catalog folder the same as the library - but that's not allowed, I was hoping just the catalog would be created using the original files...

Last edited by scissors; 12-29-2011 at 09:55 AM.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #494
itimpi
Wizard

There is a known issue if you try and use the run.cmd file. It should, however, have output an error message. We have fixed this for the next release.

It is quite normal to hold both library and generated catalog under Dropbox. In this case one generates the catalog as a sub-folder of that holding the library (default is the _catlog sub-folder). You should also be using the default generation mode. I am not sure why this is not working for you? You should also set the "Minimize Changes" option to minimize the number of files that will need syncing by Dropbox.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #495
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There is a known issue if you try and use the run.cmd file. It should, however, have output an error message. We have fixed this for the next release.
Does that mean it doesn't work - but you should get and error message? If so why does the install package create a start menu short cut? Or have I got that wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
It is quite normal to hold both library and generated catalog under Dropbox. In this case one generates the catalog as a sub-folder of that holding the library (default is the _catlog sub-folder). You should also be using the default generation mode. I am not sure why this is not working for you? You should also set the "Minimize Changes" option to minimize the number of files that will need syncing by Dropbox.
I'm a little confused here. I have my library in dropbox public. I tried to generate a catalog also in same folder - hoping just the _catalog folder would be generated. I got a warning you can't use the same folder. I created a second folder and generated the folder there. I know had a copy of all my books as well as the _catalog folder. I copied the _catalog folder into my Calibre library folder and then deleted all the duplicated books from the 2nd(generated) folder. The result is 1 set of books which calibre can use and can be browsed online.

Are you saying this should have happened automatically? If so why does the program make a copy of every single book? I notice in the dialog box it is one of the tasks to be performed...

EDIT - sussed. Didn't realise you don't have to specify a destination. Just need to suss an automatic/ command line way of generating the catalog

Last edited by scissors; 12-29-2011 at 11:54 AM.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote