Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Early Sony Reader Charging Cable

I ran across this on Amazon. A dual connector USB cable with a USB A male connector on one end for a computer or USB charger and both a USB Mini and bayonet connectors on the other end intended to fit a Sony early ebook reader (model Prs-600 or earlier) or a Sony PSP-1000, PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 Playstation. Allows charging the early Sony ebook readers from any USB power source and for travel much lighter and less bulky than the original power block Sony provided.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I ran across this on Amazon. A dual connector USB cable with a USB A male connector on one end for a computer or USB charger and both a USB Mini and bayonet connectors on the other end intended to fit a Sony early ebook reader (model Prs-600 or earlier) or a Sony PSP-1000, PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 Playstation. Allows charging the early Sony ebook readers from any USB power source and for travel much lighter and less bulky than the original power block Sony provided.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I saw one of these on eBay and thought "Hey, that's a pretty good idea," and then promptly forgot about it. For those of us who use older Sony Readers (and for a PSP user, like my son) this looks to be a useful accessory. Thanks for the link.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have now used the cable on several Sony readers with the round charging connector and it works fine. Models used on include the PRS-505, PRS-300 and PRS-900. Surprisingly enough the batteries on all three seem to be in decent shape. Holding a charge for 2+ weeks.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:41 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Even cheaper on eBay UK as little as 99p with free postage. But a really useful lead.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #5
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Ebay USA lists it too for 99 Cents American with shipping from Chima. Also one seller offering it as apparently excess inventory from Best Buy with gold plated connectors and in a plastic bubble pack.for $4 USA. Best searched for as a Sony PSP cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rocketf...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by Richwood; 01-28-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #6
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Cable in my last post arrived and appears to be much heavier duty than the no-name cable bought earlier. Thicker wire or at least insulation and just appears to be a higher quality product. Also longer at 6 feet long.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cable in my last post arrived and appears to be much heavier duty than the no-name cable bought earlier. Thicker wire or at least insulation and just appears to be a higher quality product. Also longer at 6 feet long.
Thanks. I'm going to pick up one of those.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:24 AM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Ebay USA lists it too for 99 Cents American with shipping from Chima. Also one seller offering it as apparently excess inventory from Best Buy with gold plated connectors and in a plastic bubble pack.for $4 USA. Best searched for as a Sony PSP cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Rocketf...72.m2749.l2649
These have jumped up $3, but if you have an older Sony Reader (or a collection of them) this is a very nice cable to own. It let's you charge while reading and (more importantly in my estimation) it allows you to charge your old readers with a power pack -- so that makes the old readers more portable. It's also a nice, high quality, miniUSB cable for transferring files to your reader(s). Well worth it even at $7 -- I've already used my power pack/Rocketfish charging cable combination to charge three of my old readers. It works well.

(I should mention that Power Packs can be bought for as low as $5 now (check out 5 and Below). Good ones -- I have a couple Motorolas -- can be bought on eBay cheaply.

Here's a link to the ones like I've got (except mine are black). Two for $11 including shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-New-Moto...YAAOSwHjNV8g~b

Of course you can find more powerful ones also.

Last edited by rcentros; 02-06-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
These have jumped up $3, but if you have an older Sony Reader (or a collection of them) this is a very nice cable to own. It let's you charge while reading and (more importantly in my estimation) it allows you to charge your old readers with a power pack -- so that makes the old readers more portable. It's also a nice, high quality, miniUSB cable for transferring files to your reader(s). Well worth it even at $7 -- I've already used my power pack/Rocketfish charging cable combination to charge three of my old readers. It works well.

(I should mention that Power Packs can be bought for as low as $5 now (check out 5 and Below). Good ones -- I have a couple Motorolas -- can be bought on eBay cheaply.

Here's a link to the ones like I've got (except mine are black). Two for $11 including shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-New-Moto...YAAOSwHjNV8g~b

Of course you can find more powerful ones also.
Power pack batteries vary widely in quality based on Amazon user reviews. I see a lot of the no name ones dying after a short time per Amazon reviews. I but Anker brand ones and they claim to use Panasonic cells, some of the best made.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Power pack batteries vary widely in quality based on Amazon user reviews. I see a lot of the no name ones dying after a short time per Amazon reviews. I but Anker brand ones and they claim to use Panasonic cells, some of the best made.
I think the Motorola ones are good too (just from personal experience).