Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #256
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I noticed that while I still had my KOA2, I think I made apost about it somewhere -but it is basically just what you think, the line that turns USB port from usb drive to network hangs for some reason I never figured out.

What I did to work around it was just to set usbnet to WIFI only. It is very slow, but it would work reliably.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm hoping to never have to switch to usbdrive mode again, since I haven't needed it on the Voyage in a long time. scp is so much easier. I feel a bit better that that it's characteristic of the model rather than the particular device, but sure do feel sorry for anyone else suffering from it.

Did you use a firewall, or just take your chances with amazon while you were on WIFI?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #257
fairgaming
fairgaming began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
@knc1

I'm new to the Kindle devices (more savvy with android) and just recently purchased an Oasis 2 locally. It was new in box and the original purchase was made in November.

Serial Number: G000 SA... (KOA2 32G WiFi)
Firmware: Kindle 5.9.0.6 (3234010012)
Has not been updated nor connected to the network
USA

I've thoroughly read your post / instructions and would like to proceed with the jailbreaking process.

Much appreciate your work with this community. Also, good to see a fellow Texan, I'm from North TX.

Last edited by fairgaming; 02-20-2018 at 10:31 PM.
fairgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #258
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
PM sent.
Note: There is a mistake in the directions where I list the two firmware versions - -
Those should include your version (5.9.0.6) and not include 5.9.2.0.1 (that one is the error).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 AM   #259
fairgaming
fairgaming began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
PM sent.
Note: There is a mistake in the directions where I list the two firmware versions - -
Those should include your version (5.9.0.6) and not include 5.9.2.0.1 (that one is the error).
Thanks so much. Everything went smoothly. Device successfully jailbroken and updated.

I'll be available to help test anything even at the risk of bricking device, just let me know.

Last edited by fairgaming; 02-21-2018 at 04:36 AM.
fairgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #260
Solus
Solus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KOA2
I also have a 5.9.0.6 - as is from factory (blocked from the get go). Will gladly test this process and report back. Can I join the group and receive the password please?

Serial G000 SA
Firmware 5.9.0.6 (323401...)

Last edited by Solus; 02-22-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2018, 05:55 AM   #261
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #262
Solus

No luck on the jailbreak - I re-read the steps but it does not seem to be working. Here is my info again
KOA2 Wifi 32 GB, firmware 5.9.0.6 (3234010012). Updates blocked with the special folder from the get-go.
I transferred over the tar.gz file (and checked MD5 prior to doing that) to the root of the Kindle (in my case, I:\ drive), safely ejected, typed ";installHtml" (without quotes) and pressed enter. Nothing happens. Checked the documents folder and no new files appeared there.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #263
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Did you decompress the .tar.gz prior to sending it to your kindle? If not you might want to try again, sending to your kindle the uncompressed files.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #264
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You haven't installed initial factory firmware.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #265
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
No luck on the jailbreak - I re-read the steps but it does not seem to be working. Here is my info again
KOA2 Wifi 32 GB, firmware 5.9.0.6 (3234010012). Updates blocked with the special folder from the get-go.
I transferred over the tar.gz file (and checked MD5 prior to doing that) to the root of the Kindle (in my case, I:\ drive), safely ejected, typed ";installHtml" (without quotes) and pressed enter. Nothing happens. Checked the documents folder and no new files appeared there.
You MUST install the special factory firmware, MUST.
The version number on yours and the version number on the factory firmware ARE NOT RELEVANT.
You MUST.

Different model, but the reasons are the same:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...94&postcount=8

Last edited by knc1; 02-22-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #266
Solus

Thank you, I installed the special firmware and all went well.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #267
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Thank you, I installed the special firmware and all went well.
You might want to subscribe to this thread (see blue bar above, "thread tools" drop down).

As things are made ready for the KOA2, I will be announcing them here.
Some of our add-ins should run without change, or only minor changes.
Others could be a major problem.
The system internals have greatly changed from prior models.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #268
linxu
linxu began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA2
Hi @knc1

Can you share with me the jailbreak PM for KOA2?

I am watching this thread closely and I have a KOA2 that I want to jailbreak to install KOReader for PDFs

Serial Number: G000 SA12... (KOA2 32G WiFi)
Firmware: Kindle 5.9.0.6 (3234010012)

I put the partial update file in the root directory to block the update. Thanks

BTW, Just curious, I wonder why you don't make the jailbreak public?
linxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #269
knc1
Going Viral

You have your PM system disabled in your CP (left end of upper blue bar) -
OR
This site's server system needs to see more activity over a few days time.
(It is a limit to minimize abuse from your part of the world.)

Just keep your Kindle from updating while the site software decides to let you use the PM system (if it is the system that has you blocked rather than you having it turned off in your control panel).

The jail break is still experimental -
I need to be able to get in touch with everyone that has used it if something serious is found wrong with it.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #270
linxu
linxu began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You have your PM system disabled in your CP (left end of upper blue bar) -
OR
This site's server system needs to see more activity over a few days time.
(It is a limit to minimize abuse from your part of the world.)

Just keep your Kindle from updating while the site software decides to let you use the PM system (if it is the system that has you blocked rather than you having it turned off in your control panel).

The jail break is still experimental -
I need to be able to get in touch with everyone that has used it if something serious is found wrong with it.
Thanks. I will wait
linxu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa2