Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Same kindle ebook 2 prices

Okay this is weird I am thinking some kind of mistake. Btw in the other formats option for the more expensive book only has hardcover. And the cheaper one has paperback. So you have a paperback flavor and hardback flavor of this book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	260
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	156110
https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Welcome-...Elizabeth+Moon

Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Okay this is weird I am thinking some kind of mistake. Btw in the other formats option for the more expensive book only has hardcover. And the cheaper one has paperback. So you have a paperback flavor and hardback flavor of this book.

Attachment 156110

For the first link, I get this: "This title is not currently available for purchase"

For the second link: $14.99
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I was able to preorder both but I cancelled both. Seems like the uk and us publishers both have the rights to sell it. Both are available in Google play as well with an even larger price difference. Delray asking for US$19 to hachete uk asking US$6.50. You can guess which one I will buy
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:25 AM   #4
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
I get unable to order on the second one.
Orbit has the UK rights and Del Rey the American so it makes sense there would be 2 editions.
I can only buy the UK version, the monkey can only buy the US version and being in Singapore you can see both.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #5
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
I have ordered the first one for 7.40$
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The higher price may well be because that book is currently only available in hardback. The ebook price should fall when the MMPB is released.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I was able to preorder both but I cancelled both. Seems like the uk and us publishers both have the rights to sell it. Both are available in Google play as well with an even larger price difference. Delray asking for US$19 to hachete uk asking US$6.50. You can guess which one I will buy
You see differences in title for the same reason I think. The UK version of (say a book by Agatha Christie) will be one name and the U.S. title of the same book will be something else, and differences in cover image as well. All the result of different publishers in different countries. You can even drag copyright into the fight as far as that goes as different countries have different copyright lengths (after an author has died) as well. Publishing is a bit hodge podge in that way I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote