Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
lbeckm3
lbeckm3 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4th WiFi
Copy/Paste from Viewer (Linux)

I'm reading a programming book with the Calibre reader/viewer on my pc (running Ubuntu 12.10). There are coding examples that I'm trying to copy/paste into a terminal window, however that doesn't work. I've tried the normal Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V both with, and without Shift and it will not work.

Is that functionality not supported?

Thanks!! (I did look for the answer in the forums but couldn't find an answer)

-Lyle
lbeckm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
lbeckm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click
Thanks for the reply Kovid!

Ok, my fault here, right-click DOES work in the e-book viewer, however this book is in "chm" format and Calibre opens that with what appears to be a windows binary called hh.exe. That application I'm not able to copy with.

I'm attempting to convert the book now and re-open it with the e-book reader since that does work with right-click.

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
lbeckm3

Ok, converted the file to mobi format and used that, which opened with the e-book reader and all is well now!

Note to others - chm format will open in another reader where you cannot copy/paste so just convert the book and you are all set.

-Lyle
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeckm3 View Post
Note to others - chm format will open in another reader where you cannot copy/paste so just convert the book and you are all set.
Wouldn't it easier to run a CHM Viewer that works on your OS - http://www.ngohaibac.com/the-best-ch...-ubuntu-linux/ - that page is a bit old, but some of the products are still around.

I'm sure at least one of them will do copy on selected text

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-29-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Behavior and tell calibre you want to open chm with the internal viewer. Though I would still suggest you install a proper chm viewer, there are many chm viewers available for linux.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote