Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-15-2018, 11:51 PM   #1
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
2 kindles + app but Voyage won't sync furthest page

Hey everyone. It's been an ongoing issue where my Voyage doesn't always see furthest page read from elsewhere.

It got especially worse when I got a Paperwhite. The Paperwhite and app communicate ok but not the voyage.. whisper sync is on and the voyage is the 3g model and wifi works ok . It syncs and downloads books but won't go to furthest page for the life of me. I restarted it (not factory reset though).. nothing. It's even listed as default device . Maybe it's weird but I have 2 kindles because I don't want anything to happen to the voyage on the busy transit.

Thanks everyone

Any ideas? Both are on latest update as well.

Edit - coincidentally it finally worked once.. but it's so delayed and the app on my phone isn't so slow and sporadic

Last edited by challe232; 02-15-2018 at 11:54 PM.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:44 PM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I have a similar problem. I read on the Oasis but does not properly sync on my ipad or it will not sync at all
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a Voyage and a Paperwhite and the Kindle app on my phone. I'm reading my current book both on the Voyage and my phone with no problems syncing. I haven't used the Paperwhite for a couple of weeks but I've never had any problems syncing with it either.

Actually the Voyage is the one that syncs most easily. Have you tried restarting it?

One thing I do that most people don't is reset my ereaders at least once a year, often twice a year. That helps me avoid a lot of problems.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Go to Amazon on Your PC to Your Account >Devices & Change the Setting to SYNC

ALL devices you want to sync Must be Registered to the Same Account! AND the e-books Must be on that Account also.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 02-19-2018 at 12:29 AM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:59 AM   #5
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Are these sideloaded books, or books purchased from Amazon?

I occasionally get books that do not sync. I remove them all from every device then redownload from the cloud and it usually works.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I have two Paperwhites and a Kindle app on my phone. If I put the same book on all three and try to switch back and forth they don't sync properly. So, I don't do that. My Kindle app is just for emergencies when I'm suddenly caught waiting for an appointment and don't have a Kindle. My two Paperwhites get alternated. When the battery runs low on one, I download the novel to the other and it will usually sync but if it doesn't I go to the proper page and simply read.

I just gave it a try. If I stop reading on one, download the current novel to the other Paperwhite, it syncs. As I recall, the problem is switching back and forth between to Kindles so I don't do that.

Last edited by patrickt; 02-22-2018 at 08:54 AM.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote