Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
How To Remove Cover?

The rear part of the PRS-900 unlighted factory cover seems to be very firmly attached, How is it removed? I note that per the Sony site the serial number is under the cover as well presumably the screws for opening it up. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Richwood; 02-01-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind I figured it out and also note that per the manual apparently the PRS900 was designed to be shipped without the battery installed as the manual gives instructions for removing the battery cover and installing the battery.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

An experiment. Amazon still lists inexpensive matte finish screen protectors for the Kindle DX so I have ordered a set of three and will try cutting down to appropriate size for the Sony PRS-600 and PRS-900 to see if they reduce the screen glare a bit. I will report the effect when they arrive.

Last edited by Richwood; 02-01-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Never mind I figured it out and also note that per the manual apparently the PRS900 was designed to be shipped without the battery installed as the manual gives instructions for removing the battery cover and installing the battery.
I was worried I was going to break something when I took the cover off my 900 but it just took a little extra "umph" to slide it out. Just used my fingers. I should have written down the serial number when I had it opened.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
An experiment. Amazon still lists inexpensive matte finish screen protectors for the Kindle DX so I have ordered a set of three and will try cutting down to appropriate size for the Sony PRS-600 and PRS-900 to see if they reduce the screen glare a bit. I will report the effect when they arrive.
Looking forward to your report. As it stands, I don't think I would do a lot of reading on the 600 or 900 because of the glare (the fonts seem fine to me). I'm guessing neither of these will make it when the eReader culling begins (even though they're impressively built).
Old 02-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

It turns out that the cover removal is covered in the User's Guide on pages 16 through 18. Interesting that apparently the unit does NOT meet FCC emissions regulations unless installed in the very bulky zippered case. Mine came complete with both cases.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
It turns out that the cover removal is covered in the User's Guide on pages 16 through 18. Interesting that apparently the unit does NOT meet FCC emissions regulations unless installed in the very bulky zippered case. Mine came complete with both cases.
I didn't get the zippered case, though I've seen them on several others at Shop Goodwill. They've got a 900 there now with it's original, a non-lighted cover, wall charger, zippered case and USB cable – though they're starting this one at nearly $18 (plus s/h). (In case anyone might be interested.) I think it's been up for auction a couple times – it looks like the starting bid drops a little each time.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
My 900 came with the leather and the zipper cases. I've never used the zipper case at all. If anyone wants it, they're welcome to it for the cost of shipping.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote