Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #31
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i can't believe this, but searching for "kindle oasis case" already show results on amazon. i don't think these will actually work. i think the sellers just want to prep ahead and add the model to their descriptive titles...all without knowing that it would require a lot more work produce a compatible case.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
I want to get rid of special offers, too. I contacted Amazon customer support and they said it would be no problem.
Wouldn't it be less trouble to simply buy it without SO in the first place?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wouldn't it be less trouble to simply buy it without SO in the first place?
No. Without special offers has something like a 2 month wait.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
No. Without special offers has something like a 2 month wait.
How very odd. It's the same device!
Old 04-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #35
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i can't believe this, but searching for "kindle oasis case" already show results on amazon. i don't think these will actually work. i think the sellers just want to prep ahead and add the model to their descriptive titles...all without knowing that it would require a lot more work produce a compatible case.
Some of those were listed before the Oasis launched. They're not acutely Oasis cases.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #36
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Since the K3 they always release the SO devices 1st.
New device they release So & Wifi devices Only then the Without SO wifi & 3G I noticed this trend ... PW PW2 PW3

I don't get it either.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #37
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
I wouldn't trust a listing that didn't show the actual device inside the case.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #38
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Did you order the WiFi only model? I believe all of the WiFi/3G models have a release date of May 4th. They were originally 4/27.
Yeah, mine was WiFi-only. I've never been at all tempted by the 3G models.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #39
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page for the Kindle Oasis‎

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #40
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How very odd. It's the same device!
Possibly to encourage more sales of the device with special offers in the hope that for whatever reason many won't remove the special offers once they have the device.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #41
cats2books
Enthusiast
cats2books doesn't littercats2books doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 11, iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7
I ordered it on the 13th and have a delivery date of April 27th. I ordered the black cover, wifi w/o special offers. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

I wanted it because of it's light weight and additional led lighting. I spend many hours reading so more comfortable to hold and easier on the eyes will be appreciated.

I currently have a Voyage, which I will be passing on to my son. He has my Paperwhite 1, so he will also be getting an upgrade.
cats2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #42
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
I ordered it on the 13th and have a delivery date of April 27th. I ordered the black cover, wifi w/o special offers. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

I wanted it because of it's light weight and additional led lighting. I spend many hours reading so more comfortable to hold and easier on the eyes will be appreciated.

I currently have a Voyage, which I will be passing on to my son. He has my Paperwhite 1, so he will also be getting an upgrade.
Now this is called an optimistic approach! I see a 'Kindle Oasis' in your device list!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #43
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
I ordered mine, a 3G+wifi with black cover from the German Amazon.de. It's the no-ads version. No "special offer" versions listed there at all. It still shows as being sent on April 27th, and a few days for shipping up here to Finland. Fingers crossed the shipping date is correct!
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #44
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Price complaints seem a little nutty

Unlike almost everyone that has whinged about the high price, I actually believe that Amazon probably started with an even higher price and that this price is quite tight for them.

The price of the Voyage is $200. The price of the Amazon leather cover is $60. So the bundle is $260.

From what I can tell the hardware of the Oasis is an improvement in almost every way so it should probably have been at least $220 on its own. The addition to the case of the larger internal battery is likely to have caused the initial pricing to have been higher for a separate case, say $90. So the bundle is $310 initially.

Someone at Amazon then had a worry about a HUGE howl from purchasers who decided to save money by not buying the case. The internal battery of the Oasis is very small so it has a short battery life. This clearly was forced by the hardware design/build teams. So why not bundle the two and ONLY sell them as a bundle.

This solves one problem but causes another. The price. So initial pricing for the bundle was probably set at $310, which would have been easy to justify.

Someone then had the idea to remove the separate charging port on the cover and light sensor to reduce cost. Bingo the bundle can now be $290.

Of course, I ordered one! It's actually very well priced. People are so funny.

Last edited by detayls; 04-20-2016 at 01:51 PM.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:55 PM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

A very worthwhile upgrade from your current PW, I agree. There's really nothing that tempts me to replace my Voyage, though were it to die, I would replace it with an Oasis.