Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 03:30 AM   #286
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
I'd temper that a bit: to begin with, waifu is good at very specific things, but most importantly, it only does fixed, power of 2 scaling multipliers, as the name implies.

In this case, a single scaling pass with a decent algorithm will probably yield better results than a waifu upscale followed by a downscale.

I've posted my usual ImageMagick processing pass a couple of times over here, if someone is looking for inspiration (the most recent time must have been in one of the FBInk threads) .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-10-2019 at 10:22 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:15 PM   #287
ipitythefool101
ipitythefool101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have a brand new Kindle Paperwhite I'm trying to jailbreak, but I am getting stuck on Step 4 (jailbreaking the device).

Firmware: 5.10.0.2
Serial: G000 T611

I install the 5.10.0.2 firmware included in this post, add the update blocking folder, and then download the "K5 Factory JailBreak (Factory FW)" under the "Packages targeting the Kindle 5 " header in the referenced post. When I execute the ";installHtml" command, it looks like it runs, but I never get the "you are now jailbroken" new book added to my library.

Any ideas where I am going wrong? Thank you!
ipitythefool101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #288
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ipitythefool101: Most likely badly unpacked. You want to end up with an *untouched* main-htmlviewer.tar.gz archive at the root of your device.

Not the tarball from my snapshot, not an unpacked version of htmlviewer, and nothing in between either.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #289
B0okworm
B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2017)
Possible to JB 5.9.4?

I have an almost new Paperwhite. It's not the 2018, very new waterproof one, but the previous model (version 9?). The serial number is G090 G105 **** ****

Before seeing this thread I stupidly updated the firmware to 5.9.4. Is it possible to JB the device?

I've tried using the factory install to put 10.0.1 on it but it doesn't recognise that as a valid update. This might be because it's registered and I didn't do a reset before trying? Or it might be something else.

I realise this must have been asked before - sorry - I did look for a specific thread. Any help JBing the device will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

[Edited on advice, to remove the last eight digits of the serial number]

Last edited by B0okworm; 01-11-2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Incorrect content
B0okworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:32 AM   #290
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
@B0okworm,

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

You have what we call a PW3 (7th gen paperwhite). See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #291
B0okworm
B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!B0okworm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thank you so much.

Followed the instructions and it appears to have worked. FYI I didn't deregister or reset the device before JB and all of the books/settings survived.

I haven't installed KUAL and MPRI because I'm not sure that I will need them. All I want is to change the screensavers to something I want. Can you please let me know how I do this?

Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #292
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post

TL;DR: Factory Image -> Factory JB -> Hotfix -> MRPI -> KUAL Booklet w/ Coplate's patch -> Everything else
You'll need them, then Python & the ScreenSavers hack from the Snapshots .
Old 01-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #293
B0okworm

WELL! That's . . . just . .. perfect!

All installed and working. Thank you so very much for all of your hard work in making this JB happen - and for those excellent packages.

I'm a happy man

Tags
jailbreak, pw4