Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #16
gpom
gpom began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
It is a cable problem and we solved it

Thank you for all the posts, they helped us problem solve. We used a cable from an older kobo model and it worked right away. This means it's a cable problem, the kobo Aura waterproof model's cable does not work with MacBook Pro OS 10, but an older kobo model's cable did! If you don't have an older cable, perhaps try other solutions on the hardware/cable side, this is where the issue seems to be.
gpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:35 AM   #17
s.r.d
s.r.d began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Alternate Solution

Hi folks,

I just got my kobo aura H2O today and was struggling so hard with the same problem. For me, the whole purpose of connecting to the computer is so that I can save PDFs to my kobo. I spent so much time working with customer service from Kobo/Rakuten on this, and suffice to say, they were pretty useless, although the guy really did seem to try.

No matter what I did to troubleshoot nothing worked. That included:

- Trying 5 different usb cables to connect the kobo to my computer (that includes the one that came with the device)
- factory resetting the kobo
- resetting my computer
- installing kobo desktop (this was the most frustrating because even trying to follow the step in this program to connect my kobo to the computer kept making the program freeze
- swearing at my kobo and computer
- trying a more gentle approach and using positive reinforcement with my kobo and computer

Still, nothing worked out. I emailed kobo and told them about this, expressed my disappointment, and they provided a ticket and told me I can refund/exchange the device. That still was shitty because I was so pumped that I had a kobo and then immediately sad that it wasn't working the way I wanted to.

Suddenly it dawned on me that phones are basically hand held computers! I managed to find my OTG USB that came with my phone (years ago!), and then connected my kobo to my smartphone. I was then able to open up the pdfs (I already had them saved on Evernote, but you can easily just save pdfs to your phone then transfer to your kobo. It's an added step, but at least it helps.)

And BOOM, I manged to get the pdfs to my kobo!!!

tl;dr:

Get a OTG USB for your phone, connect kobo to it, and move files to your kobo.

Some other information that might be worth knowing:

I have a Microsoft Book Pro, with a 64-bit OS
My phone is a samsung galaxy s7 edge

Hope this helps!

- Steph

Last edited by s.r.d; 01-05-2019 at 05:36 AM. Reason: grammar
s.r.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 12:57 AM   #18
tuanvt04
tuanvt04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
how to screenshot on kobo glo

someone please help me !!!
tuanvt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanvt04 View Post
how to screenshot on kobo glo
someone please help me !!!
Connect your Kobo ereader to your computer. Look in the .kobo directory (if you are using a Mac or Linux box, you'll have to enable viewing hidden files/folders) for the the Kobo directory. Inside the Kobo directory, look for the Kobo eReader.conf file. Open that file with a text editor that respects Linux style end of lines (under Windows, I use Notepad++). Look for a line containing [FeatureSettings] -- if you don't see that line, paste the two lines below into the file, otherwise just paste the Screenshots=true line.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
To take a screenshot press the power button. This works much better if you have a sleep cover. Once you have your screenshots, edit the =true to =false.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote