Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
clyon
clyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Read Pocket articles protected by Paywall?

Hello,

I subscribe to several paid information sites, protected by paywall. I wish I could read these articles on my Kobo. Unfortunately, Pocket does not allow access to the articles protected by Paywall on my Kobo ... Would you have a solution?

Thank you so much!
clyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon View Post
Hello,

I subscribe to several paid information sites, protected by paywall. I wish I could read these articles on my Kobo. Unfortunately, Pocket does not allow access to the articles protected by Paywall on my Kobo ... Would you have a solution?

Thank you so much!
Check out this post. The guy also wanted to send articles to his reader, but didn't have a Kobo. He found some Firefox add-ons that can convert articles to ePub. Not as easy as Pocket, but an option to look at anyway.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon View Post
Hello,

Does Pocket allow you to read them elsewhere? If not, then there is no way for Kobo to display them. If they can be, then it might be a matter of getting Pocket to classify the articles correctly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote