Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
PromethiumL
PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KOA2
Question How can I make my kindle reload its booklist?

I am sure that I've copied the files into my kindle, for example, /mnt/us/test.txt. However, after safely ejecting the USB mass storage on Windows, I cannot see the text file neither in kindle's home screen nor in `ls`'s output from the kterm. Actually I can still find the file in the explorer if I connect it to my computer again(Quite strange). In most cases, the files(books) would finally appear after the midnight, which really puzzles me.

I've had my SSHD enabled, and all the files transferred via SSH will appear normally in no time, thus I prefer using SSH...

Maybe this has something to do with the file system. (?)
Will the problem be solved by forcely making the kindle reload its booklist/database, like using lipc-set-prop or something else?

Would much appreciate your help...
PromethiumL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is the Kindle still indexing books? That's generally what stops new ones appearing in the library list.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
PromethiumL
PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'PromethiumL knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is the Kindle still indexing books? That's generally what stops new ones appearing in the library list.
Any way to know whether it's indexing or not? Or, to let it restart indexing right now? It's no use pressing the sync button..
Old 01-03-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go to the library screen, and enter a string of random characters as a search string (so you don't get any real matches). On the results page, if "Text in Books" is highlighted, tap it, and it'll show you the number of books not yet indexed. Tapping that number will take you to a screen showing which books haven't been indexed.

If "Text in Books" is greyed out, indexing is complete.

If the Kindle is still indexing, connect it to an external power source until it's complete. Indexing runs enormously more quickly when the Kindle is on external power.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
PromethiumL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Go to the library screen, and enter a string of random characters as a search string (so you don't get any real matches). On the results page, if "Text in Books" is highlighted, tap it, and it'll show you the number of books not yet indexed. Tapping that number will take you to a screen showing which books haven't been indexed.

If "Text in Books" is greyed out, indexing is complete.

If the Kindle is still indexing, connect it to an external power source until it's complete. Indexing runs enormously more quickly when the Kindle is on external power.
I got it. No wonder rebooting kindle dosen't work.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromethiumL View Post
I am sure that I've copied the files into my kindle, for example, /mnt/us/test.txt.
Do you mean /mnt/us/documents/test.txt
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromethiumL View Post
I got it. No wonder rebooting kindle dosen't work.
So do you have books that are still indexing?