Old 04-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question Boyue Likebook Mars Manual On Device Local Drive

Hello:

This has probably been answered already but:

Can anyone point me to the local drive /storage directory of the device where the system manual is stored on the Boyue Likebook Mars?

I do believe there are a collection of PDF files, one for each language supported by the device; it's the document you read when you call for the the system's help or user manual.

Also: if there is a current download URL for that documentation, I'd much obliged if you'd post it here.

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 04-16-2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Changing notification schema
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
HvdB
Enthusiast
HvdB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Also: if there is a current download URL for that documentation, I'd much obliged if you'd post it here.
You can find the pdf manual for Likebook Mars here
https://goodereader.com/blog/knowled...y/boyue-guides
HvdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2020, 08:40 AM   #3
Incanus
Incanus

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HvdB View Post
You can find the pdf manual for Likebook Mars here
https://goodereader.com/blog/knowled...y/boyue-guides
Thankyou: sadly, that manual is dated to the initial version of the interface/firmware of the device.

Does anyone has news/link on where (local drive or URL) to get the current version of this manual?

[INCANUS]
Old 04-22-2020, 01:02 AM   #4
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Thankyou: sadly, that manual is dated to the initial version of the interface/firmware of the device.

Does anyone has news/link on where (local drive or URL) to get the current version of this manual?

[INCANUS]
In a file explorer should be /system/manual I see a US and CN pdf in there. I'm on older firmware at the moment but I don't know why they would move it.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #5
Incanus
Incanus

rvcjew:

I'll try that later on (device charging, just now) and report on what I find.

UPDATE: There is neither a /system/manual nor a /system directory on the local drive for the Boyue Likebook Mars, as of current firmware (v2.3.0-2020031218).

If anyone as any news or advice on where (local drive or online) to get the system manual for the current v2.3.0 firmware, I'd be much obliged.

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 04-22-2020 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Post update, minor spelling error
Advert
Old 04-22-2020, 05:51 PM   #6
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
I had only updated the ares as of now, also my Ares is faster now. I don't know if that is placebo but it does seem to respond to taps and refreshes faster when not In a customized app. Okay I just updated my mars and it also seems maybe slighty faster but not as fast as the ares but the ares has a faster cpu so that makes sense.

The Manual is still there and even in new languages now. You need to use an app that let's you look at root. The built in file app does not look at root, just internal and external sdcard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200422-143306.png
Views:	288
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	178618  
Attached Files
File Type: zip manualmars.zip (19.25 MB, 285 views)
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
Incanus
Incanus

Exclamation Boyue Likebook Mars Manual On Device Local Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
The Manual is still there and even in new languages now. You need to use an app that let's you look at root. The built in file app does not look at root, just internal and external sdcard.
That's probably it: I was using BOYUE's own File Manager (with no root access) and Windows 10 File Explorer (showing hidden files... but also no root access) and that's why I never got to see the local /system directory.

Thanks again, rvcjew: for the confirmation and and the manual files.

Gratefully,

[INCANUS]
Old 08-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #8
Incanus
Incanus

Question Boyue Likebook Mars Upgraded to Android 8.1 and Manual On Device Local Drive

I've just upgraded my Likebook Mars Reader to Android 8.1 and I'm having some trouble to retrieve the updated manuals from the /system/manual directory.

Would someone be kind enough to post the english updated manual for Boyue Likebook Mars on Android 8.1?

Old 08-25-2020, 03:02 AM   #9
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
That's probably it: I was using BOYUE's own File Manager (with no root access) and Windows 10 File Explorer (showing hidden files... but also no root access) and that's why I never got to see the local /system directory.

Thanks again, rvcjew: for the confirmation and and the manual files.

Gratefully,

[INCANUS]
There is /system/manual on Muses with 2.3.3 firmware. You were probably using file manager which only shows you contents of USB storage, you must go to root filesystem
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #10
Incanus
Incanus

Question Boyue Likebook Mars Manual On Device Local Drive: Root File Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
There is /system/manual on Muses with 2.3.3 firmware. You were probably using file manager which only shows you contents of USB storage, you must go to root filesystem
Indeed. How do I do that from:
  • Windows, if connected with USB or
  • Android, if connected with USB to another Android On-The-Go enabled device

Thanks in advance,
Old 08-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #11
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:
Indeed. How do I do that from:
  • Windows, if connected with USB or
  • Android, if connected with USB to another Android On-The-Go enabled device

Thanks in advance,
From Windows you cannot access it (maybe except via some tricks with ADB debugging).
The stock File Manager under Android apparently doesn't let you access it either, so you need some custom file manager, maybe RelaunchX can do it (I saw it with bult-in file manager in KOReader.) After you have found it under Android, simplest way to get access to the file under Windows is to make a copy of it somewhere in the USB-accessible space (on Muses it is accessible by path /sdcard.)
Old 08-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #12
Incanus
Incanus

Question Boyue Likebook Mars Manual On Device Local Drive: Copy Required

Tried many times, to no avail.

Would someone please be kind enough to post the english updated manual for Boyue Likebook Mars on Android 8.1?

Old 08-28-2020, 10:55 PM   #13
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:

Would someone please be kind enough to post the english updated manual for Boyue Likebook Mars on Android 8.1?

on the home screen
click on the clock
click on settings
click on bottom right corner (labelled "User Manual")
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #14
ilyats
Connoisseur

Quote:

I managed to unpack the 8.1 installation image using linux tools for rockchip and android. File attached. ‎‎There are also apparently a German and an Italian manual there besides the English and the Chinese, but they are much smaller, so they must be incomplete. I attached them too for the case somebody wants to look at them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf en_US_manual.pdf (7.38 MB, 272 views)
File Type: pdf de_DE_manual.pdf (1.22 MB, 304 views)
File Type: pdf it_IT_manual.pdf (1.33 MB, 213 views)
Old 08-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #15
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
I managed to unpack the 8.1 installation image using linux tools for rockchip and android. File attached. ‎‎There are also apparently a German and an Italian manual there besides the English and the Chinese, but they are much smaller, so they must be incomplete. I attached them too for the case somebody wants to look at them.
Much obliged!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Tags
boyue likebook mars, localstorage, manual