Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 03:56 AM   #1
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
Likebook Alita

is it better than mimas

what's the exact weight
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I don't have either, but let's compare the specs. These specs are the same:

Size: 10.3 inches
Pixel Dimensions: 1404 wide x 1872 tall
PPI, being a function of these two, is 227 for each.
CPU: 1.5GHZ Octa-core
SD Card Slot: Supports up to 128GB (Digital Reader reports not finding it on Alita, but maybe it is hidden)
Battery: 4700 mAh
USB: USB-C
Speakers: Yes
3.5mm headphone jack: Yes
Color Temperature System: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes

These specs are different:

RAM: 2GB on Mimas, 4GB on Alita
Storage: 16GB on Mimas. The Digital Reader reports 27GB on Alita (maybe a nominal 32 GB). Good eReader reports 16GB.
Color: Mimas is white, Alita is black.
Buttons: home, back and two page turn buttons on Mimas. Invisible home button on Alita.
Weight: 430g for Mimas, Alita 10% lighter, so maybe 387g.
Flush bezel: No for Mimas, Yes for Alita
OS: Android 6.01. GoodeReader indicates that the Alita will get an upgrade to Android 8 in September. It's not mentioned whether other Likebooks will be getting the same update.
Microphone: No? for Mimas, Yes for Alita.
Significance of name: Mimas is a moon of Saturn, Alita is a Martian cyborg battle angel.

Based on these differences, the main advantage of the Mimas would be having more buttons. In other respects, the Alita seems to be better. It has more RAM and more storage space, is a bit lighter, has a flush bezel, is expected to run Android 8 eventually, has a microphone, and for a Battle Angel Alita fan like me, has the more appealing name. The flush bezel may have its pros and cons. It will make it easier to tap on the side, but it may make the device harder to grab onto. When I pull my Likebook Mars out of my waterproof sleeve for it, I grab it by the edge of the bezel to pull it out. In general, I'm more tempted to get the Alita than I was to get the Mimas. But since I already have a Likebook Mars and a Kindle DX, I may wait a while and see how other people like the Alita before I get one for myself.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
Hardware specs look good but as a Mimas owner I would not waste my money buying another Boyue product. The software is diabolical. There is no comparison to Onyx products which I will be supporting in future. To put my comment in context, Boyue has just released an update that has removed certain save functions in the PDF Reader which makes it even less functional! What annoys me is that the Mimas hardware is on par with Onyx products so why can't they fix their Mimas software before releasing another product? There is no official Boyue support forum either which is not a professional approach imo. If my Mimas experience is anything to go by then I don't hold out much hope of Android 8 for the Alita.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #4
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
hi, the device will be ready next week, the inner memory is 32GB with very nice hidden SD card slot.
about the firmware, each month with new firmware to update to fix the bugs and add the new feature.

the weight is 400 Gram
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:42 AM   #5
likebookstore
Connoisseur

400 gram around

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
is it better than mimas

what's the exact weight
1 for sure better than mimas

and also the weight is around 400 gram
Advert
Old 06-18-2019, 04:50 AM   #6
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I don't have either, but let's compare the specs. These specs are the same:

Size: 10.3 inches
Pixel Dimensions: 1404 wide x 1872 tall
PPI, being a function of these two, is 227 for each.
CPU: 1.5GHZ Octa-core
SD Card Slot: Supports up to 128GB (Digital Reader reports not finding it on Alita, but maybe it is hidden)
Battery: 4700 mAh
USB: USB-C
Speakers: Yes
3.5mm headphone jack: Yes
Color Temperature System: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes

These specs are different:

RAM: 2GB on Mimas, 4GB on Alita
Storage: 16GB on Mimas. The Digital Reader reports 27GB on Alita (maybe a nominal 32 GB). Good eReader reports 16GB.
Color: Mimas is white, Alita is black.
Buttons: home, back and two page turn buttons on Mimas. Invisible home button on Alita.
Weight: 430g for Mimas, Alita 10% lighter, so maybe 387g.
Flush bezel: No for Mimas, Yes for Alita
OS: Android 6.01. GoodeReader indicates that the Alita will get an upgrade to Android 8 in September. It's not mentioned whether other Likebooks will be getting the same update.
Microphone: No? for Mimas, Yes for Alita.
Significance of name: Mimas is a moon of Saturn, Alita is a Martian cyborg battle angel.

Based on these differences, the main advantage of the Mimas would be having more buttons. In other respects, the Alita seems to be better. It has more RAM and more storage space, is a bit lighter, has a flush bezel, is expected to run Android 8 eventually, has a microphone, and for a Battle Angel Alita fan like me, has the more appealing name. The flush bezel may have its pros and cons. It will make it easier to tap on the side, but it may make the device harder to grab onto. When I pull my Likebook Mars out of my waterproof sleeve for it, I grab it by the edge of the bezel to pull it out. In general, I'm more tempted to get the Alita than I was to get the Mimas. But since I already have a Likebook Mars and a Kindle DX, I may wait a while and see how other people like the Alita before I get one for myself.
more information release soon, i have the device in hand already
Old 06-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
about the firmware, each month with new firmware to update to fix the bugs and add the new feature.
That's not true. I own the Mimas and there have not been updates every month. Please read the Mimas thread on this blog for more information about complaints.

1. When are you going to fix the Boyue PDF Reader so that we can save annotated documents as single pages, as all annotated pages and as the whole document? There is no save function in the PDF Reader since the latest update.

2. When are you going to fix the stock browser so it stops crashing?

3. Where is the official support forum so we can get help?

4. When will you release an updated (or any) manual for the Mimas?

I paid £400 for the Mimas and I expect a product that works as advertised. Instead, you are now marketing a new product. Please fix the Mimas first!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:46 AM   #8
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
That's not true. I own the Mimas and there have not been updates every month. Please read the Mimas thread on this blog for more information about complaints.

1. When are you going to fix the Boyue PDF Reader so that we can save annotated documents as single pages, as all annotated pages and as the whole document? There is no save function in the PDF Reader since the latest update.

I paid £400 for the Mimas and I expect a product that works as advertised. Instead, you are now marketing a new product. Please fix the Mimas first!
Yes, we need support and not advertising messages on Twitter. Please very quickly fix the PDF annotation save/export. I like the Mimas hardware but the software and especially the syncing of PDFs/annotations and notes is horrible now. That's why I will now look at Onyx Note Pro and whether they do a better job for my purposes...
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:12 PM   #9
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
more information release soon, i have the device in hand already
As an owner of the Likebook Mimas I am interested in your future products. But like others, I am awaiting information on updates addressing the errors in the Mimas software. Besides those points mentioned here about exporting, I also cannot write in certain typesettings or when zoomed, at which point it says is unavailable temporarily. Except for this problem I would be so pleased with the device. Can you give an estimate of when such issues will be fixed?
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:58 AM   #10
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:

hi, what version of your firmware
1. you can send the problem to likebook@boyue.com, with the video to show the problem
2. now boyue is collecting the feedback from market and will take 2 month to fix all the user mostly meet firmware problem or add new feature
3. as far as i know, they have the manual and just would like to release in next update( i have the chinese version and will translate to enlish version by myself)
Old 06-21-2019, 02:07 AM   #11
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hardware specs look good but as a Mimas owner I would not waste my money buying another Boyue product. The software is diabolical. There is no comparison to Onyx products which I will be supporting in future. To put my comment in context, Boyue has just released an update that has removed certain save functions in the PDF Reader which makes it even less functional! What annoys me is that the Mimas hardware is on par with Onyx products so why can't they fix their Mimas software before releasing another product? There is no official Boyue support forum either which is not a professional approach imo. If my Mimas experience is anything to go by then I don't hold out much hope of Android 8 for the Alita.
will feedback to boyue team, you can also send email to likebook@boyue.com
Old 06-21-2019, 02:10 AM   #12
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
As an owner of the Likebook Mimas I am interested in your future products. But like others, I am awaiting information on updates addressing the errors in the Mimas software. Besides those points mentioned here about exporting, I also cannot write in certain typesettings or when zoomed, at which point it says is unavailable temporarily. Except for this problem I would be so pleased with the device. Can you give an estimate of when such issues will be fixed?
will feedback to boyue team, if you meet any problem, you can send email to likebook@boyue.com
Old 06-21-2019, 03:00 AM   #13
likebookstore
Connoisseur

about the anotation issue:

1. when you make underline and choost anotation
2. this will jump a page and you can write your notes
3. after that, back to reading page
4. click the bottom part will jump the menu bar
5.click the left bottom icon and choose "cross-line@annotation
6.select the anotation
7. choose export
8 then you can export to local, evernote, QR code sharing etc...in future will support export to email.
hope that can help
Old 06-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #14
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
about the anotation issue:

1. when you make underline and choost anotation
2. this will jump a page and you can write your notes
3. after that, back to reading page
4. click the bottom part will jump the menu bar
5.click the left bottom icon and choose "cross-line@annotation
6.select the anotation
7. choose export
8 then you can export to local, evernote, QR code sharing etc...in future will support export to email.
hope that can help
You do not understand our complaint. I am referring to handwritten annotations. I, and other Mimas owners, are complaining that when we write on a PDF there is no way to save it. We want the option to save:

1. a single handwritten page in a document to PDF,
2. all handwritten pages in a document to PDF,
3. or the whole document to a PDF.

We want to be able to copy our handwritten PDF's to another computer. We want a "save as" option so we can create a new file that we can save to a location on the Mimas of our choice. None of this is possible since the latest update.

I do not want to upload my PDF's to a 3rd party app like Evernote. The current "export to local" that you describe saves the file to html not PDF. That is useless to me.

Please examine the PDF Reader in Onyx Boox products for guidance on how to create a useful PDF annotator.

Last edited by Spectralis; 06-21-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:32 AM   #15
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
@Spectralis please don't hackjack this thread, your complaint not belong here, this is a public thread, not private consultant channel
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote