Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-30-2020, 09:19 AM   #16
Isurus
Isurus doesn't litterIsurus doesn't litter

Device: Quaderno A4 Gen2; Sage; Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy81 View Post

I wonder if there is an 8 inch version coming soon... would rather have that.
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/au/pro...book-color-lux

"Brand new 8" reader based on E Ink Triton technology displays 4096 colors, which provides beautiful and diverse color image. ..."
Isurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #17
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurus View Post
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/au/pro...book-color-lux

"Brand new 8" reader based on E Ink Triton technology displays 4096 colors, which provides beautiful and diverse color image. ..."
That cannot be new as that uses the obsolete Trion screen oerlay.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #19
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That cannot be new as that uses the obsolete Trion screen oerlay.
It isn't. It was released in July, 2013 – almost exactly seven years ago. I only know about it because it kept coming up when I was searching for the new PocketBook Color.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:14 PM   #20
Alex_Go
Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex_Go can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook Color, Sony PRS-T2
Anyone bought and received their Pocketbook Color? and if so, does it work well with calibre?
Alex_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #21
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
PocketBook Color works with Calibre without any problems. Here how it looks in full sunshine: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdVKR_F..._web_copy_link
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:47 AM   #22
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy81 View Post
This is a very interesting device. But I'm a little bit hesitant because they have this proprietary software apparently on the device, which I guess must be used. Currently I have a Likebook Mars, which I manage with Calibre from a PC, via a wireless connection (WLAN). On the Mars the library is then available in Calibre Companion.

Can this device be managed with Calibre, which contains my very large collection? I don't wish to have to use a manufactured app for this purpose.

Apparently it also doesn't run Android but Linux?? How do you add apps to it, without Google Play?

I wonder if there is an 8 inch version coming soon... would rather have that.
It runs on Linux and there is no app store. A few independently built apps used to run, but the new 6.1 firmware has a lot of changes, so there's no guarantee that they will still run.

It connects to Calibre via PC without need for an app.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #23
Heim
Zealot
Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
It runs on Linux and there is no app store. A few independently built apps used to run, but the new 6.1 firmware has a lot of changes, so there's no guarantee that they will still run.

It connects to Calibre via PC without need for an app.
Has the Pocketbook 6.1 firmware already been released or is it in beta or something. If there's a beta, can I join in or is it closed?
Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heim View Post
Has the Pocketbook 6.1 firmware already been released or is it in beta or something. If there's a beta, can I join in or is it closed?
You can probably join beta testers group. Please write to help@pocketbook-int.com providing serial number of your Touch HD 3. One of my blog's readers did it succesfully.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
Heim
Zealot
Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
You can probably join beta testers group. Please write to help@pocketbook-int.com providing serial number of your Touch HD 3. One of my blog's readers did it succesfully.
Oh thank you. I didn’t know this.
Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:01 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
PocketBook Color works with Calibre without any problems. Here how it looks in full sunshine: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdVKR_F..._web_copy_link
Too see this photo full size, https://www.instagram.com/p/CDdVKR_FCEw/media/?size=l
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote