Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
As a rule of thumb, anything you can find in the Project Gutenberg page (the main, US one) is free of copyright in the US. "Famous" authors or works not found there, but available in PG Canada or PG Australia, are almost surely not public domain in the US.
Thanks. Thanks all. I’m not terribly worried, as I have plenty to read before I really run out. I find it funny how they give us all of these free classics - expecting we will read a handful, at best, and then go hunting for what they sell. Funny in that these are the books I've been buying and wanting for years. Although, I am a bit bummed that I'd already spent $18 on The Divine Comedy and nearly that for Don Quixote when it is very likely I'll br reading them from my eReader instead.

I love the physicality of books. It has just become impractical, given I never know what I'm in the mood for. These eReaders allow me to carry hundreds with me, instead of a bag of books...which is what I'd do. Going to the doctor? -- 3, sometimes 5, books.

Last edited by Caesius; 01-01-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Font not formatted - removed command
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 AM   #17
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've spent a bit of time trying to find out if the stories I've put into all my Lovecraft books are now within the public domain but there is a a fair bit of confusion on this matter.

Several people have claimed they own the copyright for his works but no evidence can be found that the copyright was ever renewed.

Therefore I'm going to work on the assumption that the assorted stories are all available in the U.S. as public domain work.

If someone knows any different, please can they provide me with the evidence and which stories are effected and I'll sanitise the relevant books. So until then, all the Lovecraft books I've created will remain "as is".
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That sounds like a very reasonable assumption. Thank you for taking the time to look.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #19
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I though it might be worthwhile as I didn't want this site (or me) hit with a "take-down" notice. This site is too great a resource of excellent quality (properly formatted, etc) books so didn't want to potentially ruin its reputation.

BTW, I notice you are proofing Mr. Standfast. I love John Buchan's books and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this one. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
ghostyjack
Guru

Version 5 is now available with numerous corrections and some nicer looking formatting.

Enjoy!
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
kwork
Enthusiast
kwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkwork can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
I just discovered all these Lovecraft offerings in the forums. All I can say is "WOW!" Thank you so much for all your work and research into all these. Rather than add a thank you to each topic, I'll just say it here for the rest of the books, essays, poetry, etc. Thank you so so much!
kwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #22
ghostyjack
Guru

Thanks.

They still need a bit of work, i.e. a full and complete proof-reading and a search for any original illustrations, but I'm on a bit of a break from them until I complete my Jack London books.

I hope you enjoy them, let me know if you find any issues with them and I'll look into getting them rectified when I do the next versions.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jack - what's the copyright status of this book? Where are these stories in the public domain? I'd love to download it, but I want check first that it's OK for me to do so in the UK!
Old 05-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Jack - what's the copyright status of this book? Where are these stories in the public domain? I'd love to download it, but I want check first that it's OK for me to do so in the UK!
Perfectly Understandable.

All the stories come from The H. P. Lovecraft Archive, URL: www.hplovecraft.com.

According to my whois lookup, they are registered in the U.S.

So far I've not been able to find any evidence that U.K. citizens are not allow to access these stories due to copyright issues (needed to check this as being a U.K. resident myself). For the U.S., some people are claiming the copyright, but they have failed to produce any evidence that the copyright was in fact renewed, therefore in the U.S. thay are classed as out-of-copyright because of this. The same pretty much goes for Canada as well.

So I've worked under the assumption that they are in the public domain in the U.K., U.S. and Canada based on this research.

This also goes for my other Lovecraft books as well.

I think it's pretty safe for you to download the books. If you do, don't hesitate to make comments or send me any corrections. Also note; like a lot of other works, there may be other versions of these stories out there and contain different content (i.e. missing or added paragraphs, changed spelling or punctuation), if you also have and any details of these, you can also let me know so I can make a comparison and see if this changed content should belong as am trying to make the stories as close to what Lovecraft intended (hopefully).
Old 05-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks Jack. Sorry - I hadn't spotted that you were in the UK yourself.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
ghostyjack
Guru

No worrys.

I don't always notice the location either, mainly due to not everyone entering anything in it.

Even so, it can sometime be good to double-check to make sure you are safe to download. In this instance, I think you are.