Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
PLUCKER format to fbreader?

I have been using sunrisexp and a palm for 5 years and am considering upgrading.

the SMartQ7 is looking really nice, reading in the dark, batterylife and price.

The problem I need to solve here is that I have been loving plucker and sunriseXP for so long, I don't know if I can do without it it makes reading offline web content really fast on the a lowly palm tx.

So is there a webtool that will convert content like sunrisexp for fbreader or some other program?
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader reads Plucker files, so no conversion is necessary.

You can test it with FBReader for Windows or Linux Desktop, the Q7 version is probably identical to the standard Linux Desktop build and the Windows version is essentially the same too.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
So is there something better then sunriseXP for clipping web content?

I have been loving the PALM tx and sunrisexp to convert webcontent to plucker format. It works really well. I am going to upgrade to the SmartQ 7 and fbreader.

I know that the fbreader can read the PDB files. So I really don't have to convert. But now that I may be using the SmartQ7, is there something that is better for converting webcontent to read offline?

I know I can't reply live to the content that sunriseXP gives me.

I love the speed that I can get browsing through web pages that can take a while to load, that I don't have to wait while reading offline, because I am not online reading the content. But I do sometimes loose some of the formating and some content does not translate as well, so is there a better option?
wwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #4
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Check out calibre, in the forums. It can download and format a lot of sites, and you can customize your own sites too. It can automatically transfer to your device as well.

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote