Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
weatherwax
Guru
weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherwax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650 (red), Kindle PW2, Galaxy Note 8
Augustine, St.: The City of God. V1. 05-May-012

Augustine of Hippo (November 13, 354 – August 28, 430), also known as Augustine, St. Augustine, St. Austin, St. Augoustinos, Blessed Augustine, or St. Augustine the Blessed, was Bishop of Hippo Regius (present-day Annaba, Algeria). He was a Latin philosopher and theologian from Roman Africa. His writings were very influential in the development of Western Christianity.

De Civitate Dei, (full title: De Civitate Dei contra Paganos), translated in English as The City of God, is a book of Christian philosophy written in Latin by Augustine of Hippo in the early 5th century AD. It is one of Augustine's major works, standing alongside his The Confessions, On Christian Doctrine, and On the Trinity. Augustine is considered the most influential Father of the Church in Western Christianity, and The City of God profoundly shaped Western civilization. (Wikipedia)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	9770
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	86124  
Attached Files
File Type: epub The City of God (De Civitate Dei) - St. Augustine.epub (1.08 MB, 1225 views)
weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
SkookumPete
Enthusiast
SkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavensSkookumPete is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle
Nice job. Since there are so many editions of this work, it might be worth mentioning that this is the Marcus Dods translation as it appeared in the Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers series, 1887, and which has been reprinted many times since.

Last edited by SkookumPete; 05-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.
SkookumPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #3
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Nice and clean! Thanks.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote