Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
Can you force Book Jacket Tags to show in alphabetical order?

GOAL: to get the metadata book jacket that I use to show the tags in alphabetical order.

Currently, they show in the order in which they were entered.

I've searched the manual in many different ways but do not find anything close to this. I figure since it shows them alphabetically in the column and book details displays, there might be something to easily force this in the coding of the jacket template and stylesheet. I just don't know how to modify {tags} if so.

Anyone with an idea on this?

Last edited by jecilop; 09-01-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: clarifying title as a question, clarifying where to force
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #2
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

@kovidgoyal,
Any ideas on this?
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ba5b18d2b7045a
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #4
jecilop
Addict

Offered solution not working.

@kovidgoyal,
I was jumping with glee until I tested it. It returns an error. Yes, I spelled alphabetical correctly :-)

Error returned:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
'unicode' object has no attribute 'alphabetical' (Error Code: 1)

Per your link:
+ <!-- If you want the tags to be alphabetical, change {tags} to
+ {tags.alphabetical} -->

In my template:
</tr>
<tr class="cbj_tags" align="left">
<td class="cbj_comments" colspan="2" align="left"><b>{tags_label}:</b> {tags.alphabetical}</td>
</tr>

Seems like it should be simple, but this is what's happening.

?????
Old 09-04-2014, 05:43 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to wait for the next calibre release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 06:40 AM   #6
jecilop
Addict

ah...hmmm..is this something that works then with my custom jacket template once that release comes out?
As in..I put the code indicated in my template and because of your software updates it works together???
Old 09-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes.

{tags.alphabetical} is a trigger for the new code, but until the new code is part of your calibre installation, it is a trigger for something that does not exist. Hence "has no attribute 'alphabetical' ".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alphabetical order, book jacket, metadata, request, tags