Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #121
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Silly question. Does anyone know of any reviewers who would consider doing a review of a mixed genre short story anthology? I'm looking for a review of my Dreamland Articles novels.
Anthologies aren't as popular with reviewers (or readers either for that matter.) Does yours have a ghost story? Maybe you could garner some interest by focusing on a Halloween element?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #122
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by meromana View Post
Wow, we're geeking out now. I thought I was the only one. I get such a kick out of it when writers use clever little puns or alliteration or other types of word play that, to me, add a whole other dimension to the writing. Then it's not just a story anymore.
Relax! You're not geeking out! In my books, you've just described what makes "a good read". Raymond Chandler, to pick an author at random, is a "good read" even when the storyline is a bit confused and the facts don't entirely add up. It's not just the characters: it's the way the words themselves fit together, inevitably, miraculously and, sometimes, perilously!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #123
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Anthologies aren't as popular with reviewers (or readers either for that matter.) Does yours have a ghost story? Maybe you could garner some interest by focusing on a Halloween element?
Actually, yes, although it's not a traditional "ghost" story persay, but it's along the same line with monsters, zombies, and the like. The story "The Plague" would fit that description.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #124
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meromana View Post
Wow, we're geeking out now. I thought I was the only one. I get such a kick out of it when writers use clever little puns or alliteration or other types of word play that, to me, add a whole other dimension to the writing. Then it's not just a story anymore.

--Maria
Phnark! Geeks of the world unite. I love the texture and sound of the words as well as the story (although you wouldn't believe it if you read any of the gubbins I write). To me that's part of the sheer joy of writing and reading. PG Woodhouse is a god to me for this reason, lots of texture, clever, clever writing and funny.!

Cheers

MTM
Old 10-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #125
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm the same way. I can be blown away by great use of language. I enjoyed "The Great Gatsby" for that reason. And Dashiel Hammett (sp?). There's a short story called "The Swimmer" by (hang on, gotta grab the anthology to look it up) John Cheever. The first time I read it I felt my horizons broadened: this is what you can do with language.

-David
Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #126
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Good news! My sister has offered to guest blog some reviews for me. She is self-pubbing some of her own stuff and I have instructed her to come here and make her own proper intros, so you'll probably meet her soon. First up for her is going to be Patricia Ryan's period mysteries, which have long been on my TBR list but which I never seem to get to (sorry, Patricia!) I want to read these, but just haven't had the chance and they are very over-due for review. So Patricia, I am letting my sister look after you!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #127
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I added a reviews page to the books page. The first MR review was from Gracekrispy (great stuff Grace) for DavidDrm's book, The Summoning Fire. And if you haven't read the book - you should. It's scary. Well written. And well produced.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #128
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
I added a reviews page to the books page. The first MR review was from Gracekrispy (great stuff Grace) for DavidDrm's book, The Summoning Fire. And if you haven't read the book - you should. It's scary. Well written. And well produced.
Thanks! =)

-David
Old 10-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #129
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New review is up. The Bad Seed by Maurilia Meehan. I have some constructive feedback in there for BeWrite Books as well, now that I have read a few of their titles
Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #130
ficbot
Wizard

New review is up! A guest blogger (my sister!) took on 'Still Life with Murder' by Patricia Ryan. 4/5 stars! Enjoy.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #131
ficbot
Wizard

Sorry I missed it last week. Back again with a new review!
Closed Thread