Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 AM   #31
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***It's a little dark and fuzzy due to the nut loose behind the shutter***

Sounds like the plot to a Steve King novel, Poppa. Cheers. Neil

Last edited by neilmarr; 07-11-2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: trypo
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #32
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I got mine yesterday and stayed up reading it last night! Thank you so much! I will be on the lookout for more of your stories, and later I'll check out your facebook page.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #33
jimhanas
Practitioner
jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: iPhone/iPad
Very neat idea, and a good example of how to create unique editions in the digital world.
jimhanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #34
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Day #2... Back in the Saddle!

(Is that the name of an upcoming episode in the ongoing saga of HIGH NOON ?)

The morning notes are already trickling in, but for
  • anyone who has not already received their hand-signed, uniquely numbered dedication, and
  • anyone who wants one (I'm not going to force these on anybody, although I hope each and every person who hears about the SIGNATURE EDITIONS project decides to participate!)
... this would be a great time to send a request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I sent in my request, but I do have a question... Do you have a paypal account or anything so I can leave a donation? I know the book is free, but initiatives like these should be rewarded in some way!
Thank you for those kind words!

No, I don't have paypal, or any other sort of "tip jar"... but if you are serious about wanting to give a reward or make a donation then please keep an eye out for STUPEFYING STORIES #1, because this story is scheduled for inclusion. Click on the image, if you would like to see how this project came about:

The editor is shooting for a release sometime before "midnight July 31, Hawaiian time zone," and the current plans include a print run, as well as digital distribution in a variety of formats. I'll post more about availability and pricing as soon as the information is nailed down and I'm cleared to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
My own wee house has been thinking along similar lines with limited signed editions in ePub, Mobi and PDF. Thing is that we're talking about 120 titles from around eighty authors, so it's something of a technical challenge to organise on an individual basis. My tech partner, Tony Szmuk in Canada, is working on it. Good luck and best wishes on a ground-breaking initiative. Here's karma to ya. Neil
Best of luck with your in-house plans, Neil! Feel free to open up the *.epub and *.mobi files I send you, to see what I've done, if that helps.

— M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #35
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Just sayin'

Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet .....

" Alas, 'tis not mine to sell. But Sotheby's are auctioning a copy on July 15th. The copy, published in 1887 and having an inscription with the signature, is expected to fetch between £250,000 and £400,000. "

- the price of a signature !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #36
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Just sayin'

Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet .....

" Alas, 'tis not mine to sell. But Sotheby's are auctioning a copy on July 15th. The copy, published in 1887 and having an inscription with the signature, is expected to fetch between £250,000 and £400,000. "

- the price of a signature !!!!!
Ummm... okay, anyone who feels like dropping that sort of change in the jar, send me a PM. I'll work up an extra-special version for you, and figure out a way for you to get the money to me.

- M.

Last edited by Vintage Season; 07-11-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
Ummm... okay, anyone who feels like dropping that sort of change in the jar, send me a PM. I'll work up an extra-special version for you, and figure out a way for you to get the money to me.

- M.
(the deluxe, leather-bound, gold-leaf ebook edition ? )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #38
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(the deluxe, leather-bound, gold-leaf ebook edition ? )
For that kind of money, I'd hand-write the entire book!

Seriously though, if STUPEFYING STORIES sells well, I'll consider that an excellent reward.

- M.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #39
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, David, a very old pal of mine from shared newspaper days in England and Scotland is Val McDermid the crime novelist.

I remember telling her over a beer one day, when a piece of my own launched in the real world in the mists of the last century, that there is nothing quite like being asked by a reader if you'll sign a copy of your book.

She said: "Aye there is, Neil. It's when you can say back, 'sure -- which one?'

Keep it up, mate.

Bestest. N

Last edited by neilmarr; 07-11-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: trypo
Old 07-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #40
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
She said: "Aye there is, Neil. It's when you can say back, 'sure -- which one?'
Duly noted... and I am working on that aspect of it, as I send out magazine submissions (yes, I've written more than just the one story! ) and think up new pieces. I'll try to make suitable announcements on the Facebook page, whenever I have concrete details about placement and availability.

- M.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #41
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Thank you for the initiative, I've just sent my request, David.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #42
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

As of 7:02pm EST, I am all caught up again. If you have not yet received your files, it is because I did not yet receive your request.

Some of today's dedications have been really fun! No, I won't say which ones....

- M.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #43
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
I got mine yesterday. This was a lot of fun, thanks for doing it.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #44
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

2:20am EST, and I just sent out one last dedication before bed. Now I have an empty inbox again... which means if you haven't already gotten yours, it is because I never received your request.
  • If you sent a request, but have not received your signed eBooks yet, please re-send. I don't want to miss anybody who wants to participate.
  • If you are just discovering this idea, and it sounds like fun, send a request! Still plenty of time for new folks to join in.
  • If you posted a photo of your dedication as it is shown on your device (on Facebook, or a blog site, or anywhere else, and a few people have also e-mailed me copies—thank you!) I'd love to see it too.

Now, time for a good night's sleep! See you all again in the morning.

- M.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 AM   #45
neilmarr
neilmarr

Thanks for the signed copy and for the note, David. Very best. Neil

Tags
plummet, signing event