Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
X. Trapnel
Enthusiast
X. Trapnel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad (broken screen! cry), x61t tablet
Ooops. Deleted /mnt/card directory. How do I get it back?

I'm probably too clumsy to be messing around with my Iliad, but ... I do anyway. Oh well.

So I was having odd issues with this 2GB Sandisk SD card I bought, made more troublesome by the fact that my Lenovo x61t didn't recognize it (Xubuntu 9.04 amd64); I thought perhaps erasing the files on the card might help. But because I'm stupid, I just did "rm /mnt/card" or something in XShell, which naturally deleted the directory itself.

This wouldn't be so bad except that for some reason the iLiad now won't let me recreate it--when I do "mkdir /mnt/card" it says "No space left on device."

Any suggestions for how I get around this? Thanks!
X. Trapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Did you have a card in it at the time? I wonder if it thinks there's a device still attached to /mnt/card. My other guess would be that /mnt is write protected, but I think that would return a different error to your mkdir (mine isn't with me right now, so I can't check).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
/mnt/card is only a symbolic link linking to /media/card. Try "ln -s /media/card /mnt/card".
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
X. Trapnel
Enthusiast
X. Trapnel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad (broken screen! cry), x61t tablet
The symbolic link worked, thanks! Now if I can only get my tablet to see it...
X. Trapnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad, sd card, stupidity