Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
The Dark Side by Jane Mayer

I'm about half way through this very well written and meticulously searched account of how the use of torture became accepted policy in the White House. The book is published by Random House, and I got my mobipocket ebook version through Fictionwise.

Perhaps because I live in Tasmania, an island a long way away on the edge of the Southern Ocean, I can see two points that seem to have escaped the author.

Firstly, she does not seem to see that by her own account America's enemies have won. They have conned the White House and the Congress into promoting behaviour which is as bad or worse than anything the enemies have ever done.

Secondly, she does not seem to be aware of the coming damage when the trained and rewarded CIA and private torturers return to civilian life in the US. They have clearly acquired a taste for torture, and will undoubtedly want to continue it as husbands, parents, and workers in the community.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds like something I might be interested in. Thank you for your review Alex.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert