Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Amazon searching

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, but it doesn't really seem to fit anywhere else!

Amazon seems to have changed its search facility - if I go to look for ebooks (for instance), and sort by price, I no longer see page numbers below the list, I just see 'page 1 of 400'. The page number links were never very good - certainly not compared with other sites - but this is just awful. Are Amazon seriously expecting me to click through 400 pages 1 page at a time? Please, please tell me there's another way!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have never found Amazon's search to be all that helpful. This sounds like it is worse then it used to be.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I just tried a search on Amazon.com for ebooks, sorted by price and the pages at the bottom were as normal (page 1 2 3 ... next).

I also tried the search on Amazon.co.uk and see what you mean - just horrible. I hope they keep this on your side of the pond

Last edited by JoHunt; 05-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Please, please tell me there's another way!
I use Advanced Search to narrow down the options (UK link).

I can't reproduce your problem on Amazon either.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I usually go to the address bar and just edit the p=x numer to the page I want to move to.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I just tried a search on Amazon.com for ebooks, sorted by price and the pages at the bottom were as normal (page 1 2 3 ... next).

I also tried the search on Amazon.co.uk and see what you mean - just horrible. I hope they keep this on your side of the pond
OK, so we're being screwed. Again. Still, I'm glad you've been able to reproduce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I use Advanced Search to narrow down the options (UK link).
Oh yeah, I do that - the 400 pages were the result. I could try narrowing down a bit more, I suppose, but really, why should I have to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I usually go to the address bar and just edit the p=x numer to the page I want to move to.
Cheers, thanks. That's a workround at least. But why, why, why???? Other sites - Google, f'rinstance, are able to give page numbers!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote