Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for one of the following for the March 2012 MR Bookclub selection:
Along came a spider by James Patterson 14 35.90%
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane 25 64.10%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Well, I have my notes and highlights. I may see if I can find the movie next week.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #47
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I'm interested to read peoples thoughts....it's been a while since I've read it, but it has kind of stuck with me.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #48
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, Along Came A Spider was one of the crappiest, most disjointed films I have ever seen. Shutter Island was by Scorsese and had Max von Sydow.

Not the best way to pick a book but Shutter Island gets my vote.
Both were great reads. Neither were great films. Bad way to choose.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #49
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I plan to start reading Shutter Island tomorrow.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #50
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
I have seen the movie before and now that I've finished the book it feels like I have read it before but that's OK. It is a very fast read for free on overdrive.

Even knowing the end and twist it was suspenseful and well written.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I had never seen any film, I had not even heard of the book until it was nominated here. I am a little over half way through now and each time I think I have where it is headed figured out that is dashed by new information or a new twist. So far I have also felt the need to go back and read the Prologue again twice.

I have been reminded why this sort of horror/mystery book is not something I usually read. Scary books scare me.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #52
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The April nominations thread is up. The category his month is humor.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote