Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Petercox1001
Petercox1001 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
Want to reset/recallibrate my battery! Have questions :)

Hi all,

I am experiencing some odd behaviour from the battery for my new Sony PRS-t1 ereader (which runs a shell of android):

Firstly, the charge is lower than I'd expect. Nothing crazy, perhaps 2/3rds what it should be. Secondly, the bar count down is all over the place: first bar lasts ages, second bar disappears almost immediately, so it is very difficult to see how much charge is actually remaining.

Anyway, I want to recallibrate the battery, which (apparently, from what I have read) will involve me deleting the file in android that measures the battery charge.

Apparently a factor reset will achieve this (because I cannot access the file to delete it, without jailbreaking the device to get into android). My question is simple: should I have the ereader at full charge when I do the factor reset, or a low charge, or does it not matter?

Should it be charging when I do the reset? Or should I reset it first, then immediately plug into charger?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance all!
Petercox1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
From what I've read on the net and from my experience, with my nook, the most important thing in calibrating the battery is after the battery info is wiped. Fully charge the battery and use it until its fully discharged....
Then repeat the process again and again.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert