Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #31
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Here you go...

I had to add the .gz to the end to get the forum to take it, it doesn't support bz2 but the file is only bz2 compressed eg extract with tar xfj ...
Attached Files
File Type: gz ipdf-0.28_01.tar.bz2.gz (480.8 KB, 472 views)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #32
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Thank you. See http://developer.irexnet.com/repo/ap...es/scotty-2.8/
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #33
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Here you go...

I had to add the .gz to the end to get the forum to take it, it doesn't support bz2 but the file is only bz2 compressed eg extract with tar xfj ...
bz2 is now allowed.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:03 PM   #34
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
@ scotty: your ipdfv8 [md5: 257c1177b262a538f32b0b2c15238701] is not compatible with a "clean" 2.8. I tested it, your pdf viewer doesn't start.

[EDIT I] ok, correction. ipdfv8 opens the most of my pdf files. Perpaps there is manifest.xml incompability [doesn't like some lines in file or so].
[EDIT II] Yes, ipdfv8 doesn't like some manifest.xml. I have moved pdf out of directory with manifest.xml & scribble.irx & then ipdfv8 opened pdf file. One of my "problem" manifest.xml is attached.
[EDIT III] in~ & deinstallation scripts [ipdf8_2.8.zip]
Excellent work yokos!

According to the manifest.xml you were reading Hannibal in continuous mode with some pretty heavy duty zoom, x and y offsets.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to get into continuous mode and figure out what I done to it.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
i see that in your pdf, you can't pan the area out of the borders....

i was comparing the white using this ipdf and yes now the images are more clear,
but i can't zoom and after that pan to see the border of the image, with seeing out of page... i know that it's not very used but i want to see in detail something in the border, i can't put it in the center of the iliad..

i'm not complaing only saying this because anybody have posted it.

and seems that the landscape crash...

Last edited by kapoira; 12-14-2006 at 04:10 PM.
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #36
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
It's strange...I can't seem to install anything on my Iliad anymore. Neither the logos nor the PDF work. I get a brief loading bar and then everything is as it was. Could it be that Matthijs forgot to reenable my shell-hack? I tried installing from the Cf card and from the "news" folder on the Ilida itself. Both didn't work...strange...I'll do some more research...:-)

UPDATE:

Stupid me...I had a [space] in the folder-name of my "Software Install" folder...that is why it didn't work. Now it works perfectly. Good work again Scotty and Yokos. I'll give the new icons a try next...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #37
scotty1024
Banned

Speed kills...

I've backed out some of the optimizations in the direct frame buffer transfer code until I can better understand what iRex changed in 2.8 for the new zoom support...
Attached Files
File Type: gz ipdf_v8_1.tar.gz (31.2 KB, 646 views)
File Type: bz2 XMgr.cpp.bz2 (3.0 KB, 568 views)
File Type: bz2 PDFLandscapeView.cpp.bz2 (7.2 KB, 553 views)
File Type: bz2 PDFPortraitView.cpp.bz2 (7.1 KB, 578 views)
Old 12-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #38
johnsidi
johnsidi began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Does the zoom function work properly in ipdf v8?
johnsidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #39
scotty1024
Banned

Its been working fine for me.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #40
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
de & installation script of ipdf8_1 [posted version of #37]
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf8_1_for_2.8.zip (70.2 KB, 562 views)
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #41
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Thanks Sctotty, Yokos and all of you that make posible for people like me to install new features in the Iliad. Just one (maybe silly) question, how do you know you have instaled the ipdf viewer? I just installed it, and i don´t really know if i´m using it or i still have de irex viewer, the script gives me the option to reinstall Irex´s pdf viewer, but as i said i didn´t notice anything different when i open and view a pdf file.

Thanks again
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #42
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Just a though, but are there any plans to add this to the wiki? It might make things a bit more concise (eg: current release, install script, install instructions).
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #43
Paethon
Paethon began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
@templario: The same thing here. I really can't see any difference. Either the script doesn't work for me, or scottys viewer looks exactly like that from irex.

OK, never mind. I just read, that the "matrixpageflip" isn't activated in this release so I think it worked. I thought it didn't worked because I didn't see the Matrix-Effect

Last edited by Paethon; 01-09-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Paethon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:08 AM   #44
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Scotty's ipdf made iLiad faster definitely, but sometimes it is not directly noticeable due to the effect of page pre-rendering. I had major problems with the slowness of scanned documents (sometimes 10 sceonds to render), but now Scotty's ipdf solved the issue (it renders scanned documents lightning quick).

Only thing I would ask for as a further improvement is the contrast. The contrast on the iliad is quite low anyway, but the problem has become worse because of the font smoothing or rendering method. If I draw lines with the stylus I can clearly see that those lines are darker than letters and has much more contrast altough they are not thicker in every situation. So I don't think that letters are drawn with black, but some grey colour.
I would be very happy if there was an option to apply contrast/brightness correction in a configuration file or some way, because oftne I am forced to read under worse than optimal light conditions. (only optimal is sunshine, daylight IMHO for eInk)
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #45
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
just a reminder:
IRexiLiad wiki; one sub-wiki is iLiad Software with instructions for ipdf 8.1
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote