Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Thread Subscriptions Query/Problem

I keep getting emails about once a week, from threads I have subscribed too. It is usually 25+ emails once a week. It is driving me crazy for 2 reasons. 1- I don't want them & 2- I haven't subscribed to any threads as far as I know.

So how do I get this to stop? I looked through the UserCP and came up short.

Also am I subscribing to these threads somehow unintentially?

Thanks for the upcoming help.

Mike
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You're automatically subscribed to threads you post in. You can stop the emails pretty easily. From the your CP, choose "Edit Options" from the menu on the left. Under "Default Subscription Mode" select "no email notification" from the drop down box.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you go to your "User CP" (<---linky) and look down the lefthand side, you will see an option for "List Subscriptions" (<---linky). From here you can control the notifications for the threads you have subscribed to.

Note that posting in a thread by default subscribes you to it. If you want to change the default behaviour, in the panel down the lefthand side is a label, "Edit Options" (<---linky). Under the "Messaging & Notification" box you will see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". It is there you can change the default subscription behaviour.

Yours optionally,
Adrian
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Echo.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Echo.
...Beach, far away in time.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
And to picture it. (Click once or more to enlarge.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	452
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	31569  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 12-11-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 09:16 AM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You're automatically subscribed to threads you post in. You can stop the emails pretty easily. From the your CP, choose "Edit Options" from the menu on the left. Under "Default Subscription Mode" select "no email notification" from the drop down box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestoreadalot View Post
THANKS! I was in the same situation. I kept getting emails and didn't know what was going on. I do have one question you said that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you respond to, so what happens if I check the do not subcribe box?Does this mean I cannot contribute to that thread?
As daffy said, you are automatically subscribed to threads you post in, and any new posts in these threads will show up in the new posts lists. If you select the do not subscribe option, any new post to that thread will not show up in you new posts list.

You can still post to the thread.

I like to keep track of any new posts on threads that I've posted in so I don't use this option but if you don't want to subscribe to threads you post in, this is the way to do it.

WDE.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #9
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Last edited by lovestoreadalot; 09-15-2010 at 09:15 AM.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
mklynds
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Okay, this gets stranger. I went to my options and I had already set it to "no email notification" and I am still getting them.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Okay, this gets stranger. I went to my options and I had already set it to "no email notification" and I am still getting them.
Hang on Mike, this one took a bit of time. I had to rotate my screen to portrait mode to get the whole window for attachment.

If my memory serves me right, after I changed my email options, older subscriptions still got sent when updates were made. Sometimes these subscriptions just died on their own, some stayed active for a long time. To remove email notifications for older subscribed threads:

1. List subscriptions from User CP
2. Note notifications column
3. Check off subscriptions you want to change (I have crudely checked off the weekly notifications in my example.)
4. Use "Select Thread" dropdown menu. (Located at crudely drawn blue arrow)
5. Select "No email notification" option and hit "Go".
6. All subscribed threads that you have checked off will be changed.

*note* you may have several pages of subscriptions

This should clear up any old subscriptions sending email.

WDE. (double or triple click thumbnail to get larger screenshot)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	461
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	31572  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #12
mklynds

Thanks WDE, I guess we'll have to wait a week to see if it works!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
Thanks WDE, I guess we'll have to wait a week to see if it works!!!
Still getting email notices Mike?

WDE.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Guess it did the trick if he's not answering!
Thank you all, this was informative! I had figured out how to stop new notices, but still to this day receive e-mail for the first threads I posted in, so I'll gladly do what you suggested, WDE! Plus, double clicking on attachments to make them bigger is an awesome thing! Thank you so much!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote