Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #16
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I was born with flat feet. By now they're probably convex. I've been able to get by with off-the-shelf orthotics, so far. Even for my weekly hikes. I'm sure your doctor will give you directions, but break them in gradually!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I was born with flat feet. By now they're probably convex. I've been able to get by with off-the-shelf orthotics, so far. Even for my weekly hikes. I'm sure your doctor will give you directions, but break them in gradually!
Thanks for the advice. I haven't had any problems caused by flat feet, at least not to my knowledge. No related back pain for instance. But the doctor was quite pessimistic and he spoke all gloom and doom about my future health. It certainly made me worry if that was his goal.

Almost a week later, my ankle doesn't look or feel much better. I will probably spend the rest of day laying on the sofa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13483866751260.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	92779  

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 09-23-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:26 AM   #18
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I like the first picture you've posted in this thread extreeeemely better than the second one!

I'm afraid your feet and ankle will only get better after they have changed from every imaginable color to every imaginable color (including black!). Healing vibes!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I like the first picture you've posted in this thread extreeeemely better than the second one!

I'm afraid your feet and ankle will only get better after they have changed from every imaginable color to every imaginable color (including black!). Healing vibes!
Apologies. I should have put up a warning disclaimer.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #20
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Damn, that looks painful still!

And my entirely non-medical point of view on orthotics is, if your shoes are well made and support your feet, pass on the orthotics. I let a Podiatrist talk me into orthotics as an adult, and they changed my gait so much I started having problems with my hips and knees that I didn't have before!

Now, I just live in Dansko clogs and my (high) arches are blissful.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Apologies. I should have put up a warning disclaimer.
Always look on the bright side of life, Alex. For example, that entire foot's a cinch for getting a walk-on role* in The Walking Dead.

Cheers,
Marc
*seewhatididthere?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...walk-on role* in The Walking Dead.
I guess it's too late to apply for season 3.

Btw, it's doing better. I can walk again. Currently it goes through the color green...
Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #23
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Please, no more pictures.

Hope it continues to improve.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Please, no more pictures.
No worries! Besides, it's starting to look much better again after having turned into all colors of the rainbow. I still have trouble walking long distances, it still hurts here and there, but I am confident now that I was lucky.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #25
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Besides, it's starting to look much better again after having turned into all colors of the rainbow.
Is this what Frank Baum would have called "a foot of a different colour"?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
Is this what Frank Baum would have called "a foot of a different colour"?
If a horse steps on your foot... it wouldn't look good.

I can almost walk normal again. The colors are gone and so is the swelling (almost).
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Oh well, a good excuse to put your feet up ... and read!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
Quote:
Thanks.

Sophie is three months old, not sure if she still qualifies as a newborn. ...
What a beautiful baby!--congratulations!!
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Hope you start feeling better.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I haven't had any problems caused by flat feet, at least not to my knowledge. No related back pain for instance. But the doctor was quite pessimistic and he spoke all gloom and doom about my future health. It certainly made me worry if that was his goal.

Almost a week later, my ankle doesn't look or feel much better. I will probably spend the rest of day laying on the sofa.
holy bananas that looks owwwy! you gotta be careful about limbs falling asleep! I was up a telephone pole when I was in the Army, and went to move to the other side (circling the pole), when I put full weight on my left leg, I couldn't feel it as it had gone to sleep, I bounced a little, ASSumed the gaff was in, and stepped down, allllllll the way down, almost 50 feet down

flat feet can throw you into a knock kneed position (eventually) and knock your hips out of alignment, it also puts undue stress on your knees
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote