Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
CSV Catalogs with plain text

I have looked and haven't found anything, is there a way to produce a catalog in csv with plain text, no html tags?

Thanks for any help
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The CSV catalog exports whatever it finds in the database. I assume you're talking about the comments field? If these are stored as HTML, then they that's the way they will appear in the CSV file.

Is it the comments field, or some other field you're referring to?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The CSV catalog exports whatever it finds in the database. I assume you're talking about the comments field? If these are stored as HTML, then they that's the way they will appear in the CSV file.

Is it the comments field, or some other field you're referring to?

G
Yes, it is the comment field, trying to figure out a way to have the output to the csv show plain text and not the html tags
Old 06-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've submitted a patch to Kovid, should be in the next release.

G
Old 06-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:

G
Thank you very much !!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:

G
Great job.... it worked once, now when I try it I get this message

calibre, version 0.8.6
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>OSError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 292, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\catalog.py", line 75, in catalog_generated
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 206, in add_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2830, in add_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1172, in add_format
File "site-packages\calibre\startup.py", line 151, in local_open
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Still works ok printing to ePub

Thanks for looking at
Old 06-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
GRiker

What OS are you running?

G
Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:
What OS are you running?

G
Window 7
Old 06-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
GRiker

I can't replicate your problem. Are you creating a new Catalog title, or using an existing one?

The problem doesn't appear to be related to the content or size of the catalog, but instead to the actual CSV file being added to the database.

G
Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
Maggie-Me
Zealot

Quote:
I can't replicate your problem. Are you creating a new Catalog title, or using an existing one?

The problem doesn't appear to be related to the content or size of the catalog, but instead to the actual CSV file being added to the database.

G
You know I hate to admit how stupid I was on this.....

I had the first CSV file open while I was trying to create another one, duh

Thanks for the attention to this, it work fantastic