Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Felony & Mayhem Publishers to Offer Ebooks

Felony & Mayhem Publishers will begin offering their titles as ebooks beginning this fall. I received this email from them today:

Quote:
In fact, we expect to launch our ebook program in the fall. It will just be a few titles to start with, as most of our contracts were drawn up before ebooks even existed, so getting the digital rights is going to take a fair amount of time. But we expect to have at least four titles, I'd say, available for Kindle by October.

Thanks as always for your support,

Maggie Topkis
Felony & Mayhem Press
F&M produce fine paperback editions of classic mystery authors such as Margery Allingham, Elizabeth Daly, Reginald Hill, Elizabeth Ironsides, and many others. I noticed that they have announced (on Amazon) the publication of Ngaio Marsh titles this fall. If their ebooks are as carefully proofread & formatted as their paperbacks, they will be a welcome addition to the growing number of publishers of classic mysteries for ereaders.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
That's good news.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Yay!! I've been wanting to try Allingham and the paperbacks are over $10.00 at Amazon and very hard to find used ones.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Let's hope they learn from Langtail Press experience and don't price Margery Allingham at $15 a title. It may be nice to see HarperCollins dropping Ngaio Marsh in favour of F&M but only if they bring them out at a decent price. The same can be said for Erle Stanley Gardner and Michael Innes currently stuck in limbo with House of Stratus. These folks may be well meaning but it is frustrating to have this classic content locked up when they could be brought back to life at reasonable prices or repackaged with new forewords or other material.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Let's hope they learn from Langtail Press experience and don't price Margery Allingham at $15 a title.
Yes! But I am not expecting a great price when they come out. Baby steps in the right direction, hopefully.
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Yes! But I am not expecting a great price when they come out. Baby steps in the right direction, hopefully.
Ditto!

And, I'd love to see Patricia Moyes too...
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
BTW, I just signed up for Felony and Mayhem's mailing list on their currently-mostly-down website, and they indicated that they will send me a code good for 20% off my first order once they get their "re-launched" website up and running.

I don't know if that code will be good on e-books, or even if the re-launch of the website will coincide with their offering of e-books, but I thought I'd just let folks know about this - it's probably worth signing up just in case.

I have my hopeful eye on their David Wishart titles - they have a couple of the early Marcus Corvinus titles in paper, and I would LOVE to see them in e-book. Right now only one Wishart title is available in e-book in the US, and only one more (I think) in the UK.

Oh yeah, link is here:

http://www.felonyandmayhem.com/

Last edited by sufue; 06-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
BTW, I just signed up for Felony and Mayhem's mailing list on their currently-mostly-down website, and they indicated that they will send me a code good for 20% off my first order once they get their "re-launched" website up and running.
Great idea. If nothing else we will hear the news about what they are doing.