Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
boadiccea
boadiccea began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver)
It's here! *bounce* I love it! *bounce*

So as you can probably tell from the title of this thread, my Sony PRS-505 (Silver) arrived yesterday!

I am really enjoying this little machine! I've already loaded some newspapers, a couple of books I bought, and some of the free books from users here, and I'm loving it!

Calibre seems to work awesomely with it, too. Everything has been very easy to figure out.

As I've said before, I'm so glad I found this site! This place is a great resource!
boadiccea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
congratulations !! it's exciting, isn't it ? i should warn you, you will soon feel so attached to your reader that you will never want to be separated from it even for a minute ! don't hesitate to cry for help if you get stuck with anything, but it sounds like you're off to a great start.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Hi! boadiccea and welcome to the best eBook related forum on the net.

Glad to see you are one of the gifted people who realise the Silver Sony is the only one to have (we are not colour concious here much!)

Check out the masses of free books available here for legal download.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Sounds like you are having lots of fun! I was worried about the "*bounces*" , but I guess that YOU are bouncing - not your precious new ebook reader ;-)
Enjoy
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
boadiccea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Sounds like you are having lots of fun! I was worried about the "*bounces*" , but I guess that YOU are bouncing - not your precious new ebook reader ;-)
Enjoy
Hehehe, yes, rgeorg, the bounces are me. I can't stop bouncing around, I am so ridiculously excited about this thing! I feel like a little kid at Christmas, getting exactly what they hoped for! :-D
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
boadiccea

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Enjoy
Columbus: Well, I originally wanted the blue, which is very nice, until I realized the silver went with more.

:-D

(I ordered the Jade Green M-Edge cover for it, which would not look nearly as cool with the blue...)

Last edited by boadiccea; 07-22-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Edited to say that I meant to reply to Columbus, not rgeorg. I'm still new to this forum.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
I have the silver reader with the jade green cover, and it is a gorgeous combination, you will love it! You have excellent taste, boadiccea.
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've had mine (silver) since Xmas, and I'm still bouncing. Of course, it would be more accurately described as my butt fat jiggling, but I prefer "bounce."
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ooh congratulations!! It's still like christmas for me a year later
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey boadiccea, enjoy your new toy. But, be warned, the first few days with your 505 is like the first couple of hits with heroin. You are hopelessly hooked!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #11
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Welcome B,

I love my 505. I rarely use it now because I got a Kindle DX and like the bigger screen but, to me, for the smaller screen format, there is no comparison. The 505 is the best device out there for contrast and portability. You will find it hard to be apart from it. Definitely my ereaders are the best gadgets that I have ever bought. Enjoy.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #12
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When you find yourself sneaking away, hiding in closets, etc., just so you can read a few extra paragraphs, or calling in 'sick' at work so you can download a few more books, ignoring your family's cry for dinner because you are converting formats, all behavior you never had while reading paper books, THEN you will realize just how wonderful e-books are, especially when using a SILVER SONY of your owny!

Stitchawl (Another happy Silver Sony user)
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
boadiccea

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
congratulations !! it's exciting, isn't it ? i should warn you, you will soon feel so attached to your reader that you will never want to be separated from it even for a minute ! don't hesitate to cry for help if you get stuck with anything, but it sounds like you're off to a great start.
Hi Zelda_Pinwheel, and Thanks!

I am already NEVER going anywhere without my reader. Much I like I used to NEVER go anywhere without at least 1 book, LOL! It's just so cool to be able to have a couple of newspapers, a few magazines, and about 50 books with me at all times. Mind-blowing! :-D
Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Congratulations!! There is nothing better than that new reader smell!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sonyprs505, thank you