Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #2176
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Wanting to move out and being able to are two entirely different things.

I wouldn't mind leaving, but I won't find a job that pays as well as the one I have, for instance/ I know because I spent two years looking.

Additionally, for some strange reason, Cali has some really good verteran's benefits compared to other states I've looked at.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #2177
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo

needed all three thanks!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #2178
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Speaking of Ed Noon, I have gone through my records, and I still need...

01 - The Tall Dolores
12 - There is Something about a Dame

Have they ever been free? I'm holding out as a matter of principle!!!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:26 AM   #2179
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

01 - The Tall Dolores

In 4 years, never seen either of them free . . . .
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #2180
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Now free at Kindle US...link below is still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Julie Smith's books rotate through $0.99 and sometimes even free so often that there even used to be a thread on here just for her books. So if you're interested, you probably already have all of these titles. But...five books for $0.99 is pretty good if you don't have them, so...

Rebecca Schwartz Complete Set: Five Funny Cozy Mysteries is what it says it is - an omnibus of the five titles in Smith's Schwartz series. I've read and enjoyed all of them back in DTB days.

BTW, the $0.99 price is a US Kindle Countdown deal for about 19 more hours.

Titles are:
  • Death Turns a Trick
  • The Sourdough Wars
  • Tourist Trap
  • Dead in the Water
  • Other People's Skeletons

link: https://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Schwa...dp/B00QT7U5QM/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #2181
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:

01 - The Tall Dolores

I know 01 The Tall Dolores has never been available for free. I finally bought it last year so that I could read it. 12 - there is something about a dame was $1.99 once and I bought it then. Still filling in books in the 20s.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #2182
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fiddlers is the last (2005, pub posthumously) 87th precinct novel by Ed McBain. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable).

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Fiddlers-Nove...dp/B003KGAZVK/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/fiddlers-3

Spoiler:
Quote:
A police detective hunts for a pattern in a puzzling murder spree in this mystery by “a master” (Time).

A blind violinist taking a smoke break. A cosmetics sales rep cooking an omelet in her own kitchen. A college professor trudging home from class. A priest contemplating retirement in the rectory garden. An old woman walking her dog. These are the seemingly random targets, all shot twice in the face. But most serial killers don’t use guns. Most serial killers don’t strike five times in two weeks. And most serial killers’ victims have something more in common than just being over fifty years of age.

Now it falls to Det. Steve Carella and his colleagues in the 87th Precinct to find a connection that will crack this case—before another body is found.

As Entertainment Weekly said about this long-running, much-loved police procedural series: “Imagine your favorite Law & Order cast solving fresh mysteries into infinity, with no reruns, and you have some sense of McBain’s grand, ongoing accomplishment.”
Old 06-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #2183
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Fugitive Colors is the 8th in the Sigrid Harald series by Margaret Maron, probably better known for her Deborah Knott series. Colors has dropped to £1.61 at Kindle UK. The blurb says it's the last book in the series, but Maron has recently written a 9th book in the series, Take Out.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fugitive-Co...dp/B007W39I4M/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Lt. Sigrid Harald—prickly, difficult, brilliant at solving baffling cases—returns for the eighth and final book in this series. Losing a fellow officer in a shoot-out is enough to rattle her cool, controlled demeanor, but she is also devastated by the loss of her lover, world-famous Oscar Nauman. She withdraws from her colleagues, her career, her life; but she cannot escape the art world. Nauman has left her his paintings worth millions and galleries are clamoring to sell them.

Just as time has faded the warm flesh tones early Italian masters used when painting the Madonna, time lets Sigrid begin to see through the vibrant surface of New York’s art world to the interplay of revenge and greed beneath. When a shocking homicide occurs, it hits close to home for Sigrid, implicating Oscar’s friends and fellow artists. Fugitive Colors goes beyond the simple whodunit to combine a top-notch mystery with a portrait of a woman cop indelibly changed—able to notice the background details, the subtle shades, and the feelings that ultimately damn or save us all.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:14 AM   #2184
Req13
Enthusiast
Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!Req13 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Sony PRS-T1, PRS-600 & Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I know 01 The Tall Dolores has never been available for free. I finally bought it last year so that I could read it. 12 - there is something about a dame was $1.99 once and I bought it then. Still filling in books in the 20s.
I have all but #12 - There is Something About a Dame. I've only picked them up as they were free. According to my Amazon account, #1 was free June 17, 2012.
Req13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:53 AM   #2185
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:

01 - The Tall Dolores

The #01 - The Tall Dolores was free on June 18, 2012. I got it then, but for #12 I am still waiting.

I still need

# 4 - Violence in Velvet
#26 - Kill Her-- You'll Like It!
#27 - Killer on the Keys

Have those three ever been free? Or should I cave in and buy them?
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:04 AM   #2186
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiya View Post
The #01 - The Tall Dolores was free on June 18, 2012. I got it then, but for #12 I am still waiting.

I still need

# 4 - Violence in Velvet
#26 - Kill Her-- You'll Like It!
#27 - Killer on the Keys

Have those three ever been free? Or should I cave in and buy them?
Sorry, but #27 was free on 7th June 2016!!
Old 06-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #2187
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Has anyone read any of the Ed Noons, or do people just collect them?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:24 AM   #2188
rbruce1314
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Has anyone read any of the Ed Noons, or do people just collect them?
What a question for a Friday lunchtime!!!

Speaking purely for myself: I can see others begging for them (for whatever reason . . . . .) so if any appear in my regular daily email "freebie list" (mentioned eleswhere in this thread so no repeats!) I just pass them on. I've tried reading a couple but TBH they're not my cup of (English ) tea!!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #2189
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Pieter Van In Mysteries is an ominbus of the only four titles in the series (by Pieter Aspe) that have been translated into English - at least according to SYKM. The omnibus has dropped to $3.99 at Kindle and Kobo US (coupon/VIPable). All of the titles have been on sale individually before at various times, so check carefully before you buy. I've read and enjoyed all four of these, and wish that some more of the remaining loooooong series would get translated from what I assume is Flemish.

The titles in the ominbus are:
  • The Square of Revenge
  • The Midas Murders
  • From Bruges with Love
  • The Fourth Figure
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Pieter-Van-My...dp/B07781WXM4/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...n-in-mysteries
Old 06-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #2190
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Req13 View Post
I have all but #12 - There is Something About a Dame. I've only picked them up as they were free. According to my Amazon account, #1 was free June 17, 2012.
That's why. I only started collecting Ed Noon books in September 2012. I've read up to book 6 now, Case of Bouncing Betty. It's in my take-a-long kindle as they are pretty quick reads.

# 4 - Violence in Velvet - Free in September 2012.
#26 - Kill Her-- You'll Like It! - don't have
#27 - Killer on the Keys - don't have

Last edited by Tarana; 06-08-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote