Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 08:12 AM   #2161
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Again at $1.99 - links below are still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
The Last Chance Olive Ranch is the most recent (2017, I'm not counting them all) in the China Bayles series by Susan Wittig Albert. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Chance-Olive-...dp/B01J2STXCQ/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...ce-olive-ranch
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #2162
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Proof, by Dick Francis, has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. Although I've read and enjoyed most of Francis' books, this one (in my mind) rose slightly above some of the others, since I had never heard of "wine forgery" before...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Proof-Dick-Fr...dp/B00452V486/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/proof-2

Spoiler:
Quote:
Incomparable New York Times bestselling author Dick Francis offers a compelling tale of fine living, fast horses, and shattering suspense...

Wine merchant Tony Beach has expertly catered his latest society soiree, but the fun’s over when a team of hit men crash the party...literally. The event leaves Tony with a bitter aftertaste of suspicion—and sets off a mystery that’s an intoxicating blend of deception, intrigue, and murder.

Strangely enough, I had just referred to Proof yesterday in the non-fiction thread, because one of the Amazon US Daily Deal titles yesterday was about a non-fictional wine forger, and I mentioned Proof as my first exposure to the concept. In Vino Duplicitas had dropped to $2.99 as part of yesterday's sale, but is still at $2.99 as of this morning, at Kindle US only, not Kobo. Link if you're interested in that too: https://www.amazon.com/Vino-Duplicit...dp/B01M6WQEP9/
Advert
Old 06-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #2163
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Unzipped is the first in the Chrissy McMullen series by Lois Greiman. I haven't read this series, but having a cocktail-waitress-turned-shrink as a protagonist sounds as if it could be pretty amusing, so I may give this first-in-series a try.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Unzipped-Chri...dp/B000FCK5S0/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/unzipped-5

Spoiler:
Quote:
ANALYZE THIS . . .

Chrissy McMullen has made a career leap, all the way from slinging drinks at Chicago’s most notorious nightclub to dispensing psychotherapy from her sleek new practice in L.A. Even if she can’t quite shed her too-loud, too-curvy alter ego–or the brawling family that insists on claiming kinship. So when her most famous client, buff football star “Bomber” Bomstad, starts chasing her around her desk and getting, well . . . unzipped . . . Christina gets just a little miffed–until Bomber has the bad manners to drop dead at her feet.

Enter Jack Rivera, a no-nonsense detective with a grim attitude and a great butt, who’s determined to prove this cocktail-waitress-turned-shrink was engaging in some very unethical behavior. Persuading Rivera that she’s not a murderer isn’t going to be easy. Plunging headfirst into a city full of people in need of some serious therapy, Chrissy will have to use all her street smarts, a good deal of sex appeal, and a little love to clear her name–and cancel an appointment with a killer.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #2164
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Today only...

The Black Angel - Cornell Woolrich - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AUC4QA

Oliver Quade, the Human Encyclopedia (complete?) - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HG1SZW6

Tough as Nails: The Complete Cases of Donahue - Frederick Nebel - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAIL0WY

Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye - Horace McCoy - $1.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007JCZEPS
I need to be better about checking this thread. Both Woolrich and McCoy are right up my alley.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:19 PM   #2165
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I need to be better about checking this thread. Both Woolrich and McCoy are right up my alley.
Woolrich's Night Has a Thousand Eyes is $1.99 at Amazon.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #2166
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Woolrich's Night Has a Thousand Eyes is $1.99 at Amazon.
Blast! $9.99 again!

I tend to check the thread in the morning. I guess I should check again in the evening. These 1 day sales are crummy.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #2167
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Z, there's a LOT to like.

. . . . Pete
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:43 PM   #2168
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Z, there's a LOT to like.

. . . . Pete
Yeah, I've been here... 15 years. I guess I just miss my home state of California.

Roughly where in Houston do you live? I'm in The Woodlands.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #2169
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
My wife and I lived in Greenwood forest. Her best friend from high school just visited us in Georgia and she lives in The Woodlands.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #2170
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
I guess I just miss my home state of California.
Z, how can that be?...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/04...oll-finds.html
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #2171
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
They don't seem to be in a hurry.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/CA
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:06 AM   #2172
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Anyone short on these Ed Noons? Free today:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00J0GUJJ2/
https://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Don...27t+die+in+bed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LNL3B88
https://www.amazon.com/Little-Miss-M...le+miss+murder

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LOXQZZG/
https://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Again-N...shoot+it+again
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:26 AM   #2173
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
I did not have #23. I still need 4 to have all of them
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:25 AM   #2174
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have all three, but thank you for checking.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #2175
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
That article is misleading junk. First there's the clickbait headline: Nearly 50 percent of Californians say they want to move out soon, poll finds Then you read the article and it's actually a poll of a thousand people in the Bay Area.