Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Multiple bookmarks?

I can't for the life of me find how to setup multiple bookmarks. Does anyone else know how to? I don't see the option anywhere. Unless I misunderstood the web site on what Multiple bookmarks are.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've also noticed the difference in tech specs here, And here.

Notice the Device size vary by .2mm (not a lot but still different) and the weights vary 16 grams. the size isn't that big of a deal but the weight is quite off.
Advert
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I can't for the life of me find how to setup multiple bookmarks. Does anyone else know how to? I don't see the option anywhere. Unless I misunderstood the web site on what Multiple bookmarks are.
There is no way on the Kobo Touch to set up multiple bookmarks within a book - it just keeps track of your current place in each book you view. The closest you can get to bookmarking multiple places in a book is with books downloaded from Kobo in their own custom epub variant and using the highlighting feature.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired

Yes but why does the site say multiple bookmarks for the Touch and only single bookmark for the WiFi and Original then? They do exactly the same thing so why not just say it?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Likely a copy writing error. I will ping the good folks at Indigo and have them update the site copy. Multiple bookmarks not yet available, but are coming soon™

In the mean time, I do a quick one word highlight to simulate dogearing the page. It's not ideal, which is why we're going to get dogears going asap.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
frankieGom
Interested
frankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverfrankieGom exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch & Glo, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
In the mean time, I do a quick one word highlight to simulate dogearing the page. It's not ideal, which is why we're going to get dogears going asap.
Will that work on all eBooks (ie not just KePubs)?
frankieGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I assumed it meant it kept one bookmark for every book you read in the Touch, whereas the Wifi can only have one bookmark for the current book only. I don't know if this is true as I've never used a Kobo Wifi.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired

Both the kobo 1 & 2 can have a bookmark for each book.