Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #16
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
@lene If you have a laptop with wireless built-in, you should be able to create an ad-hoc network and share books using stanza desktop without a wireless modem or router.

Let me know if this is an option and I'll find a good tutorial on how to set it up.
My netbook has wireless built in, and actually when I'm at home it looks like I'm connected to a network, but I still can't access any books..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
So if you don't have wi-fi, there's no point in getting an iPod Touch?

I live in woop-woop. Mobile reception is dicey.
The iPod Touch uses wi-fi, your wireless home (or business) network. I suspect you're talking about celluar coverage. The iPhone uses cellular, but not the iPod Touch.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
The iPod Touch uses wi-fi, your wireless home (or business) network. I suspect you're talking about celluar coverage. The iPhone uses cellular, but not the iPod Touch.
Gotcha!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #19
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
You can also try out Txtr (http://txtr.com). You use your web browser to upload your book to your txtr account and then can load it into your Touch with the iPod app. I actually like it's epub reading, it seems to view my files more accurately than Stanza does.
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #20
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
My netbook has wireless built in, and actually when I'm at home it looks like I'm connected to a network, but I still can't access any books..
You would need to connect your iPod Touch to the same network that your laptop is on, and then open a book in Stanza.

If you can't do that or that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, here is a tutorial on how to set up an ad-hoc network with your (windows XP) netbook. Then you would connect your iPod Touch to that network.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 AM   #21
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
You would need to connect your iPod Touch to the same network that your laptop is on, and then open a book in Stanza.

If you can't do that or that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, here is a tutorial on how to set up an ad-hoc network with your (windows XP) netbook. Then you would connect your iPod Touch to that network.
Thanks, Nikkie...
Old 02-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #22
cbh
cbh began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Via USB, try something like DiskAid and copy your .epub to /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza on your ipod Touch. The book will then be visible in your Stanza library.
cbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You can connect to a computer and move things by iTunes.
No, you can't. Not with Stanza. The only ways you can upload books from your computer to Stanza with the newest software version are Stanza desktop and Calibre content server.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
No, you can't. Not with Stanza. The only ways you can upload books from your computer to Stanza with the newest software version are Stanza desktop and Calibre content server.
D'oh! Forgot about Stanza desktop!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #25
lene1949
Wizard

Well, it didn't happen on Monday, but it will happen tomorrow...

In the meantime I have put all my good music on the ipod and bought a Logitech player/charger.. The only thing I've had to play music on in the last 10 years has been my TV... So this sounds really good...
Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #26
lene1949
Wizard

... and now I have wireless internet, so I can connect all over the house and even outside in the yard... The download speed is unreal.. I'm happy