Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
St0nE
St0nE began at the beginning.

Device: sony psr300
Aluratek Libre with jetbook firmware

Hey,

Has anyone been able to flash a Libre Pro with jetbook firmware? I am noticing Aluratek's firmware is pretty buggy and keeps locking up.

Are there any instructions on doing this?

Thanks,
St0nE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0nE View Post
Hey,

Aluratek's firmware is pretty buggy and keeps locking up.
Can you elaborate further on what is "buggy" and what were you attempting for it to lock up? I am curious as I will be opening my new Aluratek Libre for Christmas. Thanks!
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
St0nE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Can you elaborate further on what is "buggy" and what were you attempting for it to lock up? I am curious as I will be opening my new Aluratek Libre for Christmas. Thanks!
Hi,

issues so far:

- every once and awhile it will lockup going back to a bookmark.
- lockup when clearing recent reading.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by St0nE View Post
Hi,

issues so far:

- every once and awhile it will lockup going back to a bookmark.
- lockup when clearing recent reading.
Any chance you will be making Aluratek aware of your issues via a support ticket at http://helpdesk.aluratek.com/
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
St0nE

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Any chance you will be making Aluratek aware of your issues via a support ticket at http://helpdesk.aluratek.com/
Already did that. Called them also.
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Alyndiar
Alyndiar began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro black
Crashing Aluratek Libre

Hi!

Are you using and SD card? I had problems with mine for the first day or two, random freezes. I then tried using another SD card (1 GB) instead of the 4GB one I had bought at the same time as the device. Problems disappeared... So I reformatted my 4 GB card on a hunch : problem solved

Hope this helps!
Alyndiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
You can keep your sd card healthy by running a regular "disk check" when you have it plugged in to your pc if you don't have a card reader on your pc invest in an adptor <> $20 that will allow you to plug card into usb port......
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
You can keep your sd card healthy by running a regular "disk check" when you have it plugged in to your pc if you don't have a card reader on your pc invest in an adptor <> $20 that will allow you to plug card into usb port......
Actually they are commonly sold for ~$3. For ~$10 you can get a 3.5" bay
device with multiple format supports.

One I've used for a long time:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CR-350&cat=RDM

I probably have half a dozen of this type laying around:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...DR5-BP&cat=RDM

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote