Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 AM   #1
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Nook not to be available at all brick and mortar stores.

According to the folks over at Gizmodo, the nook will only be in stock in some of the shops. They will order one for you and have it shipped to you. All will have a demo unit, though. I hope this doesn't mean supply issues.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
gigercounter
Banned
gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
According to the folks over at Gizmodo, the nook will only be in stock in some of the shops. They will order one for you and have it shipped to you. All will have a demo unit, though. I hope this doesn't mean supply issues.
I called my local BN and they said they will have them for sale in store.Don't beleive everything Gizmodo says.
gigercounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
It's not just Gizmodo. The BN discussion moderators are saying nook will be available Nov. 30 in "select" stores. I take this to mean two things: large stores will likely have the device at launch, and perhaps down the road all stores will carry it. No word on how many each store gets, so I wonder if they'll sell out quickly like the Sony 600 did on launch day. Also, no idea how good they're being about telling stores when they'll get it. They might be having everyone confirm they'll have it in stock, but again only "select" stores will have it in stock on the 30th.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
well saying it will not be available at all stores on opening day is not the same thing as saying that not all stores will carry the device at all which is what the title says. I suspect the first batch of eBook Readers will be limited and will likely sell out quickly which is why many people will want to pre-order one.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Ah, here's some clarification from B&N courtesy of TeleRead (emphasis mine):
http://www.teleread.org/2009/10/28/b...rly-next-year/
Quote:
As noted in our announcement last week, Barnes & Noble is rolling out stunning nook displays in its highest-volume stores. There will be nook demonstration units and signage in all Barnes & Noble stores, giving our customers the opportunity to see, touch and hold nook. While displays and demo units are being installed in stores, our booksellers are able to take in-store nook pre-orders that can be delivered to the customer’s home when the product becomes available.

While it’s always difficult to predict demand on a new product, and early from response from consumers is strong, Barnes & Noble expects to have nook eBook readers in stock in the majority of its stores by the peak holiday season and plans to have nook devices in stock in all of its stores by early next year. If the product is out of stock or not available in a particular store, our booksellers can help facilitate an in-store order that will be shipped to the customer’s home.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert