Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #31
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I've really appreciated the vastly enhanced breadth and ease of use of the new dictionary.

I'm currently reading Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks and his usage of French cross over words would have left me a bit out-of-the-loop if it weren't for my Kindle 2's newly enhanced dictionary function. I've been enjoying the book far more than I would have otherwise.

The fact that Amazon currently has the Kindle edition of the title on sale for $1 helped my appreciation as well. The title's content has me cracked up ROFL at times, I'm very much enjoying the tale.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #32
Jim-Beam
Jim-Beam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've been using it for a few days now (my first ebook reader) and I really like the screen, the adjustable font size, and the variety of books that it offers. What I like least so far is the lack on page numbers--I agree that it doesn't hurt the reading experience in any way, but my problem is I'm an academic working in the humanities and in my field the typical method of citation is still by page number. I really wish I can write a research paper with only my Kindle by my side, but unless there is some method of conversion (or I use a book that's converted from Pdf) I still have to get a copy of the book and look up a passage that I want to quote. Apart from this, I don't have other negative things to say about the Kindle. I was surprised at how easy it was to get used to reading on it.
Jim-Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert