Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Changing the default sound

The default sound of iLiad is a short "doo". Have you ever thought of changing it to, for example, the sound of page-turnover of paper book? If it's possible, it will be really fascinating.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Hey, that's a great idea! The sounds reside in /usr/share/contentlister/, and there is a file called clicked_key.wav. I will try to replace it with this file.

Hey, that's a great idea! The sounds reside in /usr/share/contentlister/, and there is a file called clicked_key.wav. I will try to replace it with this file.
Edit: It works, but:
  • You have to sample the file down to 22050 kHz (slowing it down to 50%)
  • You have to slow it down to 50% once again to have it played correctly
  • Restart your iLiad after changing /usr/share/contentlister/clicked_key.wav
  • If the file plays while the screen is being refreshed, you get a little pause
  • After some time playback stops
  • Any key triggers the sound, not only the page bar.
Find the sample file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clicked_key.zip (117.7 KB, 502 views)

Last edited by -Thomas-; 12-21-2008 at 09:30 AM.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

That's great. I'll surely try it. Maybe one day we can set iLiad to play different sounds according to different events.

In the website cited by Thomas, there are tens of page-turn sound sample. It's really fun listening to them.

Maybe we can start a poll to pick the best one.

Personally, I prefer "Koops_Page_Turn_24.wav".

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-21-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru

Hmm...it seems that sound editing is not as simple as I thought. I can't make real sound output on iLiad as 60% quality on PC.

Added:
Haha... It's really interesting listening the sound of page-turn when flipping page-bar.
In the past, I always turned sound off. Now, I will turn sound on always.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-21-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

It's strange. When I read by ipdf, the page-turn sound had a small delay, but when I read by some other image viewer, the sound was ok.

Besides, sometimes sound will disappear. That seems a long ago reported bug. I have to turn sound off and then on to restore sound.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-21-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Advert